Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 3    Views: 219

Hmmm
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
location unknow...
03/29/14 07:14 PM (10 years ago)

Location Maps Plugin Back-End How-To with Source Code

A couple of members asked us how this works. The CaddiePal Location Map database back-end support will enable you to upload your location information onto your Buzztouch self-hosted server, and easily update as needed. When you upload, the program will provide you with a unique URL, which you can paste into the Location Map plugin Screen Data URL field. The URL will not change when you add or edit your location map information. Here's where you can download the source code, which includes configuration instructions: http://caddiepal.com/buzztouch/cp_location_map/project.zip You're always welcome to contact us with your setup or support questions. CaddiePal

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/29/14 07:37 PM (10 years ago)
Nice! Remind me to look in a few days. A simple re-comment will prompt me with an email notification. Thank you! -- Niraj

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
03/31/14 10:00 AM (10 years ago)
This def looks interesting, thanks for sharing. This is all jquery, correct? I'd like to take a look at your sample and give it a closer look, but I'm leery of tinkering with the stock BT tables as your instructions indicate. Can this be done with a separate/different database?

Hmmm
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
location unknow...
03/31/14 02:32 PM (10 years ago)
We use a lot of jquery mobile and PHP, but this program is all PHP. Yes, it's designed to use it's own table within the buzztouch database. However, you can easily use a different database if you want. Feel free to contact us if you have questions getting it setup in PHP. BTW, we will be at Buzzcon on Friday and Saturday.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.