Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 5    Views: 122

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
01/21/14 02:14 PM (10 years ago)

Displaying multiple PNG images with transparency on one screen

I would like to have a background image, and then have a number of png images (with transparent backgrounds) that can be displayed on top of the background. A simple example is several circles that are clear in the middle which could be displayed at a different locations. Another example would be one or more PNGs (that act like transparent layers) displayed on top of the bacground. Would be a simple but powerfull PlugIn if it allowed images to come from local or URL, and gave a Control Panel and JSON capability to toggle visibility of any image!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/21/14 03:22 PM (10 years ago)
Genuinely, it wouldn't be difficult to create. All you're really talking about is a nest of imageView's, and assignments for each. But what would you use this for? Cheers! -- Smug

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
01/21/14 05:46 PM (10 years ago)
My original thought was to overlay several different visuals on top of a map. Hooked to buttons that turned on/off certain layers, it could be used for a wide variety of visuals (kids, educational, business presentations). It could be thought of as a "layered image viewer". (Source graphics could start from a layered PSD that was output to several PNG files.)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/21/14 06:35 PM (10 years ago)
That could probably be done. It would seem easier to take an existing plugin (BT_screen_map, for instance) and 'add' a few more full screen imageView's on top of it. From there, you would just need to augment the code that assigns your control panel settings to the views. If you're interested in creating it, I'd be happy to direct you to some resources that would help. Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/25/14 08:53 AM (10 years ago)
If you hang on, I will demonstrating that capability in the San Diego Buzzday with a new plugin I have been developing over the past few months. Mantra to chant over and over is "boxes rock, boxes knock, now gimme that sock" Silly aren't I? I still serious about that new plugin. Let's see what the crowd says later today. -- Niraj

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
01/26/14 07:56 AM (10 years ago)
Niraj, Pics and posts from SD Buzzday hint at a great presentation showing what you have been working on. If you need a tester PM me. Can not wait to see your new plugin.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.