Discussion Forums  >  Crashes, Memory Warnings

Replies: 5    Views: 149

pazjordi
Code is Art
Reg: Mar 09, 2013
Barcelona
03/11/13 10:35 AM (11 years ago)

Login plugin crash

I have installed this plugin in my app but when I try it with the xcode 4.6 iphone simulator produces a code error when I type the first letter to introduce the email or password...it seems at the CFStringGetLength method...any idea? Thanks

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
03/11/13 10:57 AM (11 years ago)
Hi @pazjordi, There seems to be something funky going on with the Login plugin. It is being looked into. Glad you found us! Ian

Frogman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
Bratislava
03/11/13 03:17 PM (11 years ago)
Hey Ian, your photo with the piano and the words Login Plugin suggest me that a song could bear such great name... LOGIN PLUGIN, yeah, yeah, yeah! And now the chorus: Login Plugin, yeah, yeah, yeah! Just kidding, hope you do not mind! Frogman

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
05/28/13 06:29 AM (10 years ago)
Anything ever discovered here? I am experiencing the same issue with the Login Screen. As soon as the first letter is typed the app crashes.

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
05/28/13 07:42 AM (10 years ago)
Can't believe I missed ur response Frogman! @ridgerock keep u posted Ian

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
05/28/13 09:38 AM (10 years ago)
Hi guys... "As soon as the first letter is typed the app crashes." This plugin was updated a few months ago after the Core Project changed. A method called shouldChangeCharactersInRange is called with every key tap on the keyboard. This method is below. It doesn't do anything except allow you to intercept keys you don't want to allow as inputs. The method below is the latest one, it just returns TRUE regardless of what's entered. In the older version is was doing all sorts of fancy checking for all sorts of bogus inputs...it doesn't do that anymore. It sounds like this method in the projects mentioned above is outdated. Dunno. Replace it with this method, see what happens. If it doesn't crash then you're using an old plugin. //make sure characters are allowed - (BOOL) textField:(UITextField*)textField shouldChangeCharactersInRange:(NSRange)range replacementString:(NSString*)textEntered { if(textEntered.length > 0){ //look at each character in the text box... for(int i = 0; i < [textEntered length]; i++) { //this loop gives you an opportunity to filter out non-allowed characters. //return NO in this loop if you run into a character you don't want to allow. } } return YES; }

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.