David73
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 12, 2013
Texas
09/09/17 11:20 AM (6 years ago)

Missing Info.plist key

I am trying to update one of my apps. I am using the old Buzztouch because several of the plugins I use haven't been updated to the latest version yet. I have done this with a few other apps and they worked ok so I'm not sure why this one didn't. Here are the problems reported by Apple. Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data. Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data. Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data. Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/09/17 03:57 PM (6 years ago)
Those may not have been needed before, but they're certainly needed now. A lot of new 'features' that you use will require explicit authorization from the user before Apple will allow access. There is a list of features here that you can use as a template: https://pastebin.com/tXXpchbb Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

David73
Aspiring developer
Texas
09/09/17 07:00 PM (6 years ago)
I just wonder why it wasn't part of this one app, but it was part of two other apps made roughly at the same time on Buzztouch. And definitely with the same self-hosted software. How do I add the commands in the referenced document to the plist? I have searched one of the apps that just got accepted by Apple, but I can't see where those commands are. I am more of a hacker than a programmer (copy and paste is my best friend)

David73
Aspiring developer
Texas
09/09/17 09:38 PM (6 years ago)
I figured it out. I opened it with the text editor since I didn't know how to do it with Xcode. The app is now uploaded and awaiting review. Thanks!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/10/17 04:37 AM (6 years ago)
I only recently learned how to do that within xcode. I'm still more comfortable closing the project, opening the plist in a text editor and, like you, copy and pasting in a format I can visually confirm. Maybe we're just old school. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.