Discussion Forums  >  Meetups, Hang Outs, and Events

Replies: 5    Views: 220

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2013
Park City
08/30/14 09:17 AM (9 years ago)

Touching Base

Hello BTers! I have been out of development world for most of the summer. (Creating cash flow for future projects) Are there any new updates to Xcode or Eclipse or anything else I need to be aware of? (Since June?) IOS 8 launch coming, right? Like last IOS update, should I wait? Are there any BT core updates in the chute? Update would be appreciated, thank you. RW

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
08/30/14 09:20 AM (9 years ago)
Not much to be aware of really. The BTGo app is in the App Store if you didn't see that... iOS 8 should be here 9th September, meaning the Obj-C and Swift will no doubt change. I'd wait to update Xcode personally, but update your device... BTCore v4 is nearing as the new website is coming soon (accompanying BTGo). As for Eclipse, it is now recommended to use Android Studio (Mark Fleming has made some great install tutorials somewhere in the forum)... Welcome back (although it was only 2 months!) Ed

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
08/30/14 10:15 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you, Ed!

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
08/31/14 06:17 AM (9 years ago)
I would not suggest Android studio YET, as it is still beta (Per a PM from Mark also), but is worth checking out as it will be the next software package that will most likely be used for developing on Android ... the easiest also we all hope.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/01/14 04:16 PM (9 years ago)
Since you already have apps on the App Store, don't update anything on your machine nor on your self-host server. You might have to make tweaks and updates to those apps. To evolve with BT v4, iOS 8 and Android L, you should make new installations of software for the server and for the Dev Computer. Never ever jump into new releases with both feet. We learned last year that it took the entire Fall for BT v3 to get to a stable state. That was done by one man, David Book -- quite a lot to tackle for him. I don't foresee too much being different in terms of workload for this Fall. Get ready for an exciting ride into this Fall with all those changes! -- Niraj

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
09/01/14 06:24 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you, Niraj!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.