Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 2    Views: 112

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
12/11/12 01:41 PM (11 years ago)

iOS multitasking for your APP - YES or NO?

How many of you prevent your app from multitasking? During plug-in development I find this to be pretty essential so you know where you are at each time you test your app. But do you leave the UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend in your plist before you submit to iTunes? Has anyone run into issues with Apple reviewers for setting your app to not multitask?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
12/11/12 10:02 PM (11 years ago)
I don't prevent my apps from multitasking...I just use the defaults as they are. Actually never even gave it a thought, but sounds like there might be some good reasons to do so! Mark

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
12/12/12 07:51 AM (11 years ago)
I'd be surprised if no one here has used it before, but doesn't seem like a relevant topic for the masses. As I use more 'authentication' and play with logging in/out of an app with a service like Parse or one the BT login-plug-ins, I depend on the setting. Pretty lame to have someone else pick-up your phone and have access to some authenticated content because of multitasking! (This is a also a poor-mans cheat for coping with terminating background audio to some degree on some plug-ins I'm working on - curious if anyone else has tried to exploit that workaround...?)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.