Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 2    Views: 192

yenael
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
Detroit
11/03/13 06:11 AM (10 years ago)

My concern in changing files in eclipse

If I change something in my project using Eclipse (or Xcode), it creates a changed package right? So if I make changes on the Buzztouch control panel, the changes will be updated on the users version, but aby changes made in the Eclipse previously will be erased on the user side, am i correct? Example: I download the project from Buzztouch I then change the SD Card capabilities so users can save app to SD Card, I compile my project and upload it for users. Then I go back a couple days later with an idea to buzztouch control panel like change the home screen or something. Since users get the update as soon as I click publish, will buzztouch cp overwrite my custom changes from eclipse? Or will it just leave stuff alone and make the change to the homescreen idea?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/03/13 06:21 AM (10 years ago)
Any 'code' modifications, which would also include changes to your AndroidManifest.xml file, would not be subject to any 'update' without compiling and releasing a new binary. Published changes in the BT control panel, which are basically 'content only' changes, can be made and the user will see the new changes upon app data refresh without having to download a new binary, whether using an Android or an iPhone. Your 'BT_config.txt' file is the only file that will be updated. Cheers! -- Smug

yenael
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 17, 2013
Detroit
11/03/13 06:23 AM (10 years ago)
Whew thanks Smug!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.