Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 6    Views: 109

Black Light
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 10, 2012
Fairfax
06/11/13 04:44 PM (10 years ago)

Publish to Android but not for IOS

Hello BTers, I have created,tested and uploaded my iOS app on the App Store, everything went smoothly. Now, I am going to upload my android version. Since the map plugin is not working (currently) in android, I've removed this screen. How to publish this change only for android version without affecting iOS version? Thanks, BL

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
06/11/13 06:04 PM (10 years ago)
You can remove it from the JSON Data. Go to the BT_Config.txt file, find the "BT_screen_maps" plugin data, and remove it. This should solve your problems. Remember to always validate JSON data when making a change manually: http://jsonlint.com Jake

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/11/13 06:43 PM (10 years ago)
Well, keep in mind though; if you 'remove' the plugin from the BT_config.txt file, the next time the app refreshes, it will put it back into the config (if it's an online app). You basically have two choices: 1) If the 'suspect' plugin is called from a menu, if you use Chris1's 'advanced menu with image' you have an option in the control panel to enable/disable Android (or iOS) which makes it perfect for a cross platform control panel. 2) Create a different app solely for Android. Annoying, perhaps, but it's the choice of many. Cheers! -- Smug

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
06/11/13 07:10 PM (10 years ago)
I'm using Smug's first suggestion, on an app that's about finished. Works well, seamless to the end user. The iOS version has a menu item for the map screen, the Android user of the same app won't have that menu item. Hopefully the locationMap plugin will be updated soon and I can turn on the menu item for Android users too. Tim

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
06/11/13 09:58 PM (10 years ago)
#2 on smugs suggestion is what I do, it makes things much easier to do when your not worried about screwing up the ios side :) Plus with the Smug Copy tool, copying the app into a new one makes making an android version a breeze! David https://buzztouchmods.com

Black Light
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 10, 2012
Fairfax
06/12/13 05:08 AM (10 years ago)
since I have many things interconnected, I guess option #2 would be proper for me, but do I have to start from block 1 ? can I copy my BT control panel to new app then start from there ? THX, BL

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/12/13 06:05 AM (10 years ago)
Nope. You'll have to build the entire app from scratch. That's why I said 'annoying' ;) If you're self hosted, the Screen Copy Utility available for free over at BT Mods is slightly useful. But if you're hosted on BT, you're going to have to do it all manually... :( Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.