Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 106

Stormy2022
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 31, 2014
New Orleans
01/04/15 07:36 PM (9 years ago)

data directory on the file system does not exist

Hi, I am a BZ member. I setup the self hosting CP on a AWS FREE server, using this guide: https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/RDs_Updated_EC2_Self-hosting_Guide.pdf It was pretty thorough for the most part. A bit dated in a few areas. But overall, I was able to follow it pretty well. In Admin > Server Settings > API Key and Secret, trying the Validate returns "Success! Buzztouch API Key and Secret are valid" - even though my Server IP address shows as 172. (The guide indicates it should be 54.) Anyways, the settings appear to be valid, per that output. However, when I go to create a New Application I see this error: The application's data directory on the file system does not exist? This application does not have a data directory on the file system? Looking around here, I can't find a solution for my particular scenario. Any suggestions?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/04/15 07:40 PM (9 years ago)
You'll probably want to edit your 'config.php' file, which should be located in your BT 'root' directory (the base directory you installed in). Make sure all of the top area fields are filled, and filled accurately. Also make sure your installation has the right permissions (755). IP Addresses may be different, and that will depend on your host. I'm not on EC2, but most aspects are similar, albiet not exactly the same. If you've installed a CMS package such as Joomla or Wordpress, installation is similar. But your paths need to be correct, and those are individual to the environment. Don't hesitate to ask questions though. Everyone's situation is always 'just' a little different. Cheers! -- Smug

Stormy2022
Lost but trying
New Orleans
01/04/15 08:57 PM (9 years ago)
I've looked over the config.php. Looks okay to me, though I have questions.. Wasn't sure what to set for app_physical_path, is this right (I created an apps dir)? define("APP_PHYSICAL_PATH", "/apps"); And this? define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_URL", "https://www.buzztouch.com/api"); What do you mean installation has right permissions? Should I chmod everything in BT-server to 755? Or just something specific? Again, the validate button works, so I'm curious what the issue is...

Stormy2022
Lost but trying
New Orleans
01/04/15 09:00 PM (9 years ago)
ah, changed the app_physical_path to /var/www/html/BT-server and now it works. Thanks! :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.