Zorbal
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 24, 2014
New Jersey
05/04/14 07:04 PM (9 years ago)

Images

OK this is my last question of the night. More will come tomorrow I am sure. I am using a button menu plugin and when I choose an image it says the image must be included in my xcode or Eclipse. When I download the package does it come or do I have to put images somewhere and If I do where do I put them.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/04/14 08:06 PM (9 years ago)
You must be specifying an image name, rather than an image URL. Makes sense, good choice in reducing the wait time for the Users. That way the image will be quickly shown directly from within the app rather than having to download the image for the first time from the Internet. On your Computer: You have to drag-drop the image into Xcode, it is best to put the image into the bt_images folder. For Eclipse, put into the res folder, find the appropriate sub-folder.

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
05/05/14 07:52 AM (9 years ago)
Also, if you add images after opening eclipse, you have to refresh the project before it will know about the new image being in your res/drawables folder.

Zorbal
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 24, 2014
New Jersey
05/05/14 11:17 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you. Just realized that it has to be jpg. But that worked. It moves faster that way for sure. Thank you all for your continued help

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.