Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 186

m_propa
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 19, 2012
Jackson
01/19/12 04:03 AM (12 years ago)

I'm curious on creating some iphone games but there is one problem, I have the slightest idea where to begin.

I have the drive, time, and passion to become an awesome developer but I have no idea where to even begin. I've purchased a Mac and downloaded xcode in an attempt to give it a shot but I was completely lost. I mean seriously, feel free to call me slow in this area but how do you know what codes or command to type in concerning telling the app what to do? Is there like a command list I can follow or something? I'm just starting college so all of my education, thus far, is on a high school level so give my a little room and please answer in a dumb-version that even a person with no experience can understand because these forum post looks like a foreign language to me. Thanks.

Paul Rogers
Android Fan
Reg: May 30, 2011
UK
01/19/12 06:55 AM (12 years ago)
Well, if you want to create games a grounding in programming languages would help... ios uses the 'objective c' language. http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/Introduction/introObjectiveC.html

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
01/19/12 07:36 AM (12 years ago)
watch some videos.youtube is your friend. if only youtube had been around when i started getting into technology or wanted to learn the tuba! the Buzztouch ones are a great launching point. watch them all and create the same app David makes. then make a Hello World app. Then try your own. Gamesalad also has some great videos that might shed some light on how people make video game apps- You'll like the Gamesalad video turorials as they use XCODE in them http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/tutorials/1/parts/1 I'm dying to play with it myself, just no time! welcome and good luck. what college?

m_propa
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 19, 2012
Jackson
01/20/12 12:17 AM (12 years ago)
thanks for the advice from everyone. I'll give it a shot asap. I'm attending JSU(Jackson State).

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.