Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 6    Views: 447

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
09/12/11 11:20 PM (12 years ago)

Spanish characters

Hi, read different forums posts on this but not sure if this is a solution... using some spanish words with symbols above the letters...some of the text doesn't display right but if i select my conig.txt file then view/text/file encoding then set it to Western(ISO Latin) it seems to display correctly on device and simulator...is this the right thing to do? what will happen in App store? thanks for any help

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 09, 2011
Pacific Grove, ...
09/13/11 01:45 PM (12 years ago)
Hey Ian, UTF-8 should work as an encoder. Not sure why you're having problems. Here is a website with Spanish UTF-8 symbols and how to create them on different operating systems: http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/spanish.html ¿ ñ å - kinda fun :P

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Palm Springs, C...
09/13/11 01:51 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Parker, thanks for the response, that link is how I did the symbols....not at my Mac right now but will double check everything...if I hit the refresh button it does change to the correct symbols tho...I'll report back

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Palm Springs, C...
09/13/11 05:07 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Parker, still no go, using the same symbols found on the link you suggested for making an ó and comes out with a capital A with a little 3 next to it...when hit refresh it corrects itself...was reading other posts regarding this and only thing i found was to try and change it in my config.txt file in Xcode or change the view/text/file encoding to Western (IOS Latin 1)...just not sure best approach? thanks again

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Pacific Grove, ...
09/13/11 08:53 PM (12 years ago)
Ok, so I checked out a test config file in xcode and it is being saved from buzztouch with the proper utf-8 encoding. It would seem to me that the problem was occurring before the config file is being made. This is just an idea, but - open you browser and navigate to your control panel screen where you've been entering the characters that have been giving you issues. Find out what encoding your browser is using to display the webpage. In Safari - View > Text Encoding. See if is set to something other than utf-8. My though being that if the browser is reading the webpage as something other than utf-8 then it might be sending data as something other than utf-8? No idea if this is really the problem, but it's worth a try.

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Palm Springs, C...
09/13/11 09:16 PM (12 years ago)
Nice!! Turns out my Safari browser was not set to utf-8 by default... All seems to be good...thanks so much...on another note I ordered that Burzynski movie, should be in the mail any day...thanks again :)

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Pacific Grove, ...
09/13/11 10:13 PM (12 years ago)
Ahh, Excellent! I'm glad we figured this out. It's a rather fascinating movie in a ''it'll make you want to pull your hair out if what they're saying is true'' kinda way. Like I said, I can't tell you if the guy is legit or a scammer, but it's still very interesting. Just glad I could spread some hopefully helpful information. :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.