Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 7    Views: 118

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 02, 2012
Adelaide
10/13/13 01:15 AM (10 years ago)

No info tab on location pans

hey guys, yep, have another problem.. thanks for all your help I don't really know whats happened as it's as if it's just vanished all of a sudden. last time I was playing around with my app, it was setup so that it would find the locations in the old maps (which is fine) and when you click on a location pin it would have a small (i) button that would lead to driving directions through opening native maps. now all touching a pin does it tell me the address of the locations. thanks guys :(

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/13/13 01:26 AM (10 years ago)
That's usually set in the screen configuration page in your BT Server Web console... It 'should' trickle down with an updated BT_Config.txt file, or you can manually update your projects BT_config.txt with a copy from your BT Server Web Console... But that's where it happens. In the Screen Map configuration page. Cheers! -- Smug

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Adelaide
10/13/13 01:47 AM (10 years ago)
cheers smug although i had this problem at the very start and it was because when i imputted the 100s and 100s of locations i didnt realise at the time but i set them to do "nothing" and i'm pretty sure it was you that help me but I could be wrong or thinking of the incorrect coords error. is there a way I can get all of my locations to show driving directions?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
10/13/13 01:58 AM (10 years ago)
Hmm... if you've loaded hundreds into your BT control panel, I'm afraid you'll need to do that one by one... If I were you, I'd look into keeping a separate 'childItems' file to populate your maps. In this manner, you could do a search/replace or insert (using your favorite text editor) to add a json value that isn't currently in your config. You can use these files locally or via URL, with your screens. Cheers! -- Smug

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Adelaide
10/13/13 02:05 AM (10 years ago)
yeah I think i'm going to put all my locations into a notepad so that i can tick off re entering all of my coords, cheers smug!

PaddyO
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Geelong
10/13/13 08:44 PM (10 years ago)
I think I have a version of the same problem Nodderz ... if only I had my map data entered manually I think it would solve my problem... but am I correct in thinking that child items aren't allowed when a remote data URL is called? I posted this here http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=C0B7308A00F0C7F9ED3EBF2&currentPage=2 a couple of days ago but still haven't worked out a solution - if you guys have any thoughts that would be awesome. Thanks! Paddy.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
10/13/13 10:20 PM (10 years ago)
Nodderz: The parameter you need to have in your json childItems file is: "loadScreenWithItemId": "showDirections" If you don't see that in your BT_config.txt file, you'll need to edit each location via your control panel. Rather than manually go through each and every location, and if you're feeling adventurous, create a new map screen, and copy the child items from your BT_config.txt file, and paste them into a new, separate text file. Then you can massage the data using automated tools to place/replace the correct parameters. A bit daunting if you're not familiar with it, but if you're not self hosted, the best way to stay flexible is to use external child item files and dataURL's for your dynamic information. http://www.buzztouch.com/docs/v1.5/childItems.php Paddy: I think your issue may stem from the fact that you're not putting your loadScreenObject "in" the childItem json, instead, you're putting it in the 'parent' screen map json. Each Map Pin (child item) should have it's own json, and in that json is where you'll put your loadScreenObject to react to users and callouts. Each callout would have it's own unique loadScreenObject info (if thats how you want it). I sort of explained it in the other post. Cheers! -- Smug

PaddyO
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Geelong
10/13/13 10:57 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Smug, over there now...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.