Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 80

ruckartj
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 17, 2012
Oldsmar
08/18/12 09:18 PM (11 years ago)

Simple form plugin?

One of the reasons I found this site is I want to make a simple app that allows me to record cash payments from people in my club and send them an email receipt. I cant find a plugin to capture data in fields that I could include in an email receipt. Does that functionality exist? Thanks!! New user, John

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
08/19/12 08:12 AM (11 years ago)
Neither iOS or Android has the ability to act as a 'email server'. So there is gong to have to be a back-end server in the scenario that process the form and send out an auto responder email. Check out JOTFORM and their Auto Responder, that you could put together in a flash. Then flesh out the rest if the app with other screens/info about the club.

ruckartj
I hate code!
Oldsmar
08/19/12 09:50 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the link to jotform. I was still hoping to do this as an app.. all I want is to be able to do is.. enter amount and description and who from and then chose who to send to from my contacts and then use my phone email program to email the info to them cc'ing myself. This should be super easy I just need to know if there are the tools in buzztouch to do that? I tried doing it on MIT app inventor but they only have a sendtext, no send email function. Thanks!! John

ruckartj
I hate code!
Oldsmar
08/19/12 08:29 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the link to jotform. I was still hoping to do this as an app.. all I want is to be able to do is.. enter amount and description and who from and then chose who to send to from my contacts and then use my phone email program to email the info to them cc'ing myself. This should be super easy I just need to know if there are the tools in buzztouch to do that? I tried doing it on MIT app inventor but they only have a sendtext, no send email function. Thanks!! John

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.