kiran
Lost but trying
Reg: May 04, 2014
Los Altos
05/04/14 09:26 PM (9 years ago)

How to build the back-end server logic in BuzzTouch?

I'm build a social app that sets up small group conversations and enables members to invite contacts and Facebook friends to group? 1) How do i build the back-end database and server-side logic for group membership, messages, picture posts, invites etc? Does BuzzTouch provide plug-ins/libraries for this? 2) If not, what does self-host BuzzTouch control panel (on EC2 or other cloud) mean? I thought this would be self-hosting the application server logic? 3) If not, some plug-ins (e.g. chatrooms) have their own back-end server logic. Is this server logic be customizable by us (app developers)? How do we access it and customize it? Kiran

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/05/14 12:29 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Kiran, You'll need to setup any online backends to support your apps on your server. Buzztouch handles the front end of what you are looking to create, by creating the app itself. You can use Buzztouch and it's plugins to connect to backend server logic, but it will be up to you to feed your buzztouch app these connections. In other words, if you are looking to create a group conversation app, you will need to setup the scripts and database on your server, then hook it up to buzztouch using plugins and/or custom code. All self hosting refers to is hosting the Buzztouch server on your own host rather than using the same script on the buzztouch servers. It allows for more customization of your plugins and full control of everything. Highly recommended. You can install plugins, or make your own plugins to accomodate connection to your backend scripts if you like. You can use PHP, MySQL, etc to accomplish this. I just did this very thing for a plugin I just published "Instant Database App" and was going to do the same for my "Chat" plugin that i just released, but decided to keep that one plug & play for the more novice users, so they wouldnt have to install a backend server to use it. If you already know how to connect an Xcode action to a PHP web script, the rest should be a piece of cake for you. But think of buzztouch as more of your delivery system for the front end UI (i.e. your app) rather than a backend scripting service.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/05/14 09:27 PM (9 years ago)
I hear Drupal is best for your scenario.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.