Djdios
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 20, 2013
Valby, Denmark
01/06/14 01:38 PM (10 years ago)

Updating to 3.0

Hi This is very confusing for me and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. Is the app automatically updated to 3.0 if the app isn't published, and same with the plugins, or do I need to do something on my one. And I can't find out what version I'm on in my config file. Sorry for the newbie question.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
01/06/14 07:19 PM (10 years ago)
3.0 is a major code change that will change how your app behaves offline. All existing 2.0 apps are able to be downloaded in the 3.0 code. The way our apps work is that you have the code, and the JSON is the only thing to link it all up again. The JSON is the only thing that is changed when using the app refreshes. Therefore, app refreshes can't upgrade it to 3.0 Because 3.0 is a change in code, it will require a new download of the source code from your control panel. Your plugins should work fine. The. You may submit your app to the app stores as an update with the newer code.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.