Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 8    Views: 983

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
02/07/12 02:15 PM (12 years ago)

new screenshot requirements for itunes connect?

I was trying to get an app loaded the other day and the last thing holding me up was the IPAD screen shots. I don't have an IPAD and was about to borrow one and provision it just so i could load the app and get a screen shot. I googled around and found out XCODE 4 and the IOS Simulator in the SDK has the ablilty to take screen shots. So i updated the box to xcode 4 and used this feature. I also came across a program called IOS-Simulator Cropper which would have done the trick, but my Hackintosh display doesn't meet the specs to use it. (i'l be upgrading my video card now) and now i just got this from Apple today which lists their new requirements for screen shots. it appears thay have upped the minimum resolutions. All developers should have gotten this i would guess. GoNorthwest you might want to add these changes to your awesome SUBMITTING TO ITUNES CONNECT guide which helped me a lot. (you might also want to note your guide uses XCODE 4, i was using XCODE 3 and got lost a couple of times!) FROM APPLE: We would like to make you aware of the following: Required iPhone & iPod touch Screenshot Upgrade for Retina Display When you create or update your apps in iTunes Connect, you must upload screenshots that are high-resolution. We require your screenshots as high-resolution images so that your app is optimized for the Retina display. The requirements for high-resolution images are 960 x 640, 960 x 600, 640 x 960, or 640 x 920 pixels. Images must be at least 72 dpi, in the RGB color space, and the file must be .jpeg, .jpg, .tif, .tiff, or .png. You can update your screenshot files at any time in iTunes Connect. New Notification for Binaries Exceeding Cellular Network Download Size Limit Admin and Technical users will now be notified if your resulting binary size for the App Store exceeds the cellular network download size limit of 20MB. Exceeding the limit requires your app to be downloaded over Wi-Fi. This information can help you determine if you want to resubmit your binary in order to reduce the size of your app. Regards, The App Store team

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 04, 2011
UK, Alcester
02/07/12 03:51 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks for the update just about to change an iphone app to ipad as well, this info will be very helpful.

AppGuy30
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 29, 2011
location unknow...
02/07/12 06:32 PM (12 years ago)
This is very helpful. What do you mean by hackintosh haha?

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Chicago
02/08/12 08:41 AM (12 years ago)
i see David posted this as well- http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=628DEACCF571D8D1BED1DD1&status=&searchInput=search...&sortColumn=FT.dateStampUTC&sortUpDown=DESC¤tPage=1&doViews=1 i'm getting stalled out here: For taking iPad screenshots, you need a Mac with 1900x1200 pixels or better. That's if i want to use the IOS imulator Cropper to take them. it cuts off the status bar and has a itunes ready image in one click nice program some of you might find useful here: http://www.curioustimes.de/iphonesimulatorcropper/ need to use that because XCode 3.2 does not have a simulator with the abliity to take screen shots. i'm a bit anxious on this as i submitted an app on Friday under the old guidelines. it's still in review. and then i got this message so i'm wondering if they will reject it and cite this new guideline.... and Hackintosh = home built mac my Intel board goes both ways so to speak...

LocoLopez
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 12, 2012
Orlando
02/08/12 07:13 PM (12 years ago)
How can I take screenshots with Xcode 4?? I've been looking but I can't find it anywhere

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Chicago
02/09/12 08:42 AM (12 years ago)
the screenshot function is in the IOS Simulator, not XCODE have your app running on the simulator and then you can select Screen Capture from the IOS menu bar up top (love Dwight dropping 25/24 on the cHeat! he schooled those fools!)

LocoLopez
Code is Art
Orlando
02/09/12 09:08 AM (12 years ago)
Hahahah lobed the details about howard. Can u send me some screenshots because i cant find the screenshot feature

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Chicago
02/09/12 11:01 AM (12 years ago)
the box i'm using here only has XCODE3 on it, i can do a screen shot from my mac box at home that has xcode 4 on it later if you need but maybe this helps now: http://blog.blackwhale.at/?p=756 So the process is 1)have your app running in the ios simulator 2)look under the EDIT menu for the COPY SCREEN command 3)it seems to store the file in your desktop or clipboard (i'm still getting used to Finder.....)

LocoLopez
Code is Art
Orlando
02/09/12 12:20 PM (12 years ago)
Thank you, that helped

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.