Discussion Forums  >  iOS / Android Beta Testers

Replies: 2    Views: 196

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
07/25/13 11:54 AM (10 years ago)

Crucial Bug in Mavericks DP 4

Hi All, Over the past 24 hours, I have been trying to update my test computer to Mavericks Developer Preview 4. All Developer Previews work fine, except DP4 does not boot. Here is the bug: -The computer never boots successfully, it just UIActivity Spins with the white apple, then freezes, and starts spinning again, then freezes, and continues until I hold the power button down. Has anyone else experienced this same issue when upgrading to DP4? Jake

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
07/25/13 12:00 PM (10 years ago)
Thus why I wait...yikes Jake

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
07/25/13 02:26 PM (10 years ago)
Although I love developer previews, I never download them on my main device. I discovered why I always did that when I downloaded iOS7 on my main iPhone 4S. So now I've got a really bugged out iPhone 4S, which I use for normal day-to-day life, but I won't install Mavericks on my mac, because as you say, it could bug it up. Especially since my mac is used by three different people in the family, it would really make them annoyed. Although, I can't wait for the release! When it comes to OS XI, I hope they really radically change the UI, to maybe a flatter design like iOS 7.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.