Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 198

Victor
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 04, 2011
Bloomington, IL
09/27/12 07:10 AM (11 years ago)

iPhone App Woes

Hi, I created this free app for my church https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clearviewchurch&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5jbGVhcnZpZXdjaHVyY2giXQ.. After 2 weeks I received this rejection from Apple? Rejected Sep 20, 2012 07:46 PM Reasons for Rejection: 10.6: Apple and our customers place a high value on simple, refined, creative, well thought through interfaces. They take more work but are worth it. Apple sets a high bar. If your user interface is complex or less than very good it may be rejected Sep 20, 2012 07:46 PM. From Apple. 10.6 We found the following issues with the user interface of your app: - Did not integrate with iOS features. For example, the events should integrate with the iOS Calendar and also include notifications. - Did not include iOS features. For example, it would be appropriate to use native iOS buttons and iOS features other than just linking to websites and web views. We noticed your app provides a poor user experience as features are not well implemented. Specifically, sole features of your app are displayed in a web view and it would be appropriate to implement native iOS features. These examples identify types of issues discovered in your app but may not represent all such issues. It would be appropriate to thoroughly evaluate your app to address these types of issues. So if possible, could someone please (someone who has successfully added an iPhone App to iTunes.. look at my Android App and give me easy to understand pointers in getting my Free App released on iTunes. Since we've paid the $99 Apple Developer fee we would like our iPhone App to be on iTunes. Does Apple flag Buzztouch Apps? Thank you in advance! Victor

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
09/27/12 07:59 AM (11 years ago)
First, no. Apple does not flag BT apps. Second, You are not alone with your 10.6 rejection. May have gone through it, and many are still fighting with it. It does appear (just from screenshots) that your app is mostly menus that lead to websites (webviews), etc. Apple would rather that type of app be a "Web App", since it is lacking (as they call it) native functionality. Search the forums and see if you can find some ideas of how people overcame 10.6 rejections. There are many threads on it. In the end, your results may vary depending on your reviewer. But keep at it.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
09/27/12 09:49 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Victor, You posted this exact same question (word for word) just a day ago, and got some great feedback. Was this an accidental second post, or did you not find what you were looking for the first time around? Mark

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
09/27/12 09:54 AM (11 years ago)
I thought it sounded familiar...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.