Discussion Forums  >  App Store Approvals, Thank You's

Replies: 5    Views: 355

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/12/15 03:41 PM (8 years ago)

Approved: Flores Museum v1.3

I was pleased to find that Apple released my App into the Stores today, 6 days after I initially submitted it. Not entirely a surprise; it was already in the store, this is just an update. But still, nice to see the 'approval' letter in the email inbox. It's an update to the 'Flores Museum' App I created on behalf of the George Flores Historical Center in Inalahan Guam. The big 'update' that was accomplished was adding Japanese, Korean, and Chinese language into the app. For those who have never done a multi-lingual app, I must say it's pretty easy. The thing that caught me off guard was having to create an App Store entry for each language version. Screen shots, descriptions, and much other needed information in a different language. Don't forget it when you go to have your content translated. Or be sure to include those requirements to your client. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flores-museum/id983134458?ls=1&mt=8 Cheers! -- Smug

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
08/12/15 04:16 PM (8 years ago)
Very nice Smug! It seems Apple is on the ball lately with approvals. I submitted an emergency review request for one of my app updates a few weeks ago, and no surprise, it was reviewed and approved within 24 hours. The surprising part though was that the following day I submitted a brand new app, using the regular review queue, and it was reviewed and approved in 48 hours! Fastest review I've ever had.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/12/15 04:17 PM (8 years ago)
Very cool, and a nice looking app! I'm sure the extra languages will bump up downloads significantly. Great work, Smug! Mark

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/14/15 10:45 AM (8 years ago)
Nice app!

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/14/15 10:06 PM (8 years ago)
Congrats, Smug! Cool that you used the localization too.

Gorgey
Apple Fan
Reg: Apr 21, 2016
London
04/26/16 11:18 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Smug! Well done buddy, the app is looking pretty cool and it totally deserved a place on the App Store. Also note that working on updates is essential to keep an app going within such a competitive market. You should probably start thinking about the next one, and all the best with it all!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.