JackieAuthor
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 13, 2014
location unknow...
03/26/14 04:46 PM (10 years ago)

Newbie - Button Help

I am trying to make a very simple app and I'm having major problems. When the app is launched, all I want are 4 buttons ... The Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube ... each button pointing to my blog, twitter/facebook page, and youtube channel. I deleted the home screen automatically created (could be my problem), but I attempted to create a new one with four buttons ... but when I launch the app in the simulator, it loads Twitter, not the home screen ... and the Twitter screen is (I thought) tied to the home screen. I can't imagine a simpler app, but apparently I'm in over my head. I've created programs in vba, and I design web pages. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any youtube video out there that will show me what I should be doing? I've searched youtube and can't one, but I know it has to be there somewhere! Any help or pointers in the right direction would be immensely appreciated!! Thanks, Jackie

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/26/14 06:02 PM (10 years ago)
Hi @Jackie, Welcome to Buzztouch! Sounds like what you want is the Button Menu plugin, attached to a Home Screen Layout. So, in your Control Panel: 1. Create a Button Menu screen 2. Go the Layout/Tabs section of your app, select Non-Tabbed Layout, and associate your Button Menu screen with that layout. 3. Create screens that will deal with your intended targets (blog, twitter, etc). 4. Associate your buttons in the Button Menu screen with the four screens you just created. Hope this makes sense! Let me know if it doesn't! Mark

Masons App Design
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 06, 2013
Andrews, TX
03/26/14 06:54 PM (10 years ago)
Yup gonorthwest's advice is what you should follow.

JackieAuthor
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 13, 2014
location unknow...
03/26/14 10:59 PM (10 years ago)
Mark, I finally figured it out on my own, but thank you so much for replying! It seems rather simple now that I know how to do it, but there was a bit of a learning curve. I've been playing around with this on and off for almost a week and I was beginning to think I'd never get it figured out. I've never met a software I couldn't master, but this one was kicking my butt for a while! Now I have to make it for Android and figure out how to get it accepted for "sale" (it's free ... just trying this to draw interest to my novels).

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.