Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 123

jsa986
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 19, 2012
location unknow...
02/10/12 04:52 AM (12 years ago)

After upload to itunes cant edit xcode data

This is going to sound an odd question, ive uploaded my app to itunes, realised i had missed a png file. Now when i go back into xcode there no folders or options to run the simulator or to add any more files, I know i can do it buy URL but this isnt really what i wanted to do. The xcode layout has changed to, it looks like this https://skitch.com/jsa986/8yqr4/xcode

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
02/10/12 09:33 AM (12 years ago)
Never seen this before. Assuming you've closed and re-opened Xcode, not sure what to advise. Normally there is a little arrow next to the project name to click. This arrow expands all the files and directories in the project. You probably already understand this. Uploading your app to the App Store shouldn't have anything to do with why Xcode isn't showing any of your project files. How are you opening the Xcode project. You should be able to navigate to the folder you downloaded from buzztouch (the one you uzipped) and see all the files in the project. In this list of files, you'll see a blue Xcode icon. What happens when you double click that file?

jsa986
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 19, 2012
location unknow...
02/10/12 09:55 AM (12 years ago)
Hi David, The same screen appears if i double click the xcode project file, the only way i can get back the folder view is to re download the project source code and put that into xcode, the only thing is, none of the picture files and documents are there and i have to re add them manually. No the end of the world but does that mean i can still edit content etc with the new source code download, and it update in real time rather than having to upload another binary? In other words, i assume the source code is the same for my project and wont affect app ids and provisioning etc?

hasssan
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 29, 2011
location unknow...
02/10/12 04:49 PM (12 years ago)
just click on the full screen thing.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.