Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 6    Views: 596

TOBrien
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 19, 2011
Toms River, NJ
11/28/11 01:04 PM (12 years ago)

Remove gradient from Word document?

Hello all, I think this may be a rookie mistake but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. I have a word document that comes from a menu list screen. I had a gradient in my global theme but have since removed it because I thought that would remove it from the word document. I also tried editing the background of the word doc to white or clear to remove it but a blue gradient is still stuck behind my word doc making some elements unreadable. Side note-I created the word doc in word for mac 2008 and saved it as 2004 word .doc file...not sure if compatibility issues are happening either. Appreciate any advice!

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 09, 2011
Pacific Grove, ...
11/28/11 01:27 PM (12 years ago)
Hi TOBrien, If the gradient is an effect of a setting in your control panel, removing/changing that setting should fix the issue. Be sure to refresh the app in the sim/on your device. If you think it might be a property of the .doc file itself, maybe try re-saving a new copy without any gradients in the background and replacing the older one in your project. Recompile and see if that fixes it for you?

TOBrien
Lost but trying
Toms River, NJ
11/28/11 02:14 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks. My word file has no gradients whatsoever, just plain white background with text. I put the universal theme gradient back because removing did not resolve the issue. I thought there was a way to configure the word doc page to have background of Clear to give transparency and effectively remove the gradient? I'll keep playing with it and hopefully something sticks

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Pacific Grove, ...
11/28/11 02:29 PM (12 years ago)
Also check that you didn't set a gradient on the Advanced settings for that specific screen. Any settings on an individual screen will override any theme settings.

TOBrien
Lost but trying
Toms River, NJ
11/28/11 02:34 PM (12 years ago)
Ya just checked that... Nothing there anymore and I removed all global gradients just to troubleshoot. However, it doesn't seem like the Word doc is loading correctly at all. I saved the same file as a pdf and it came out exactly as I would like, except the e-mail links are not clickable as I would like. The same file put in as a word doc loses nearly all of the text and comes up black along with other formatting issues...confused

Parker @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Pacific Grove, ...
11/28/11 02:59 PM (12 years ago)
Yeah, this might have something to do with how your device handles your version of Word Doc. A lot of people will create Custom HTML pages instead. Your links should work in that format no problem.

ichigo
I hate code!
Reg: Jul 27, 2011
London
11/29/11 03:30 PM (12 years ago)
have you tried setting that screens BG to white #FFFFFF worth a try?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.