Djdios
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 20, 2013
Valby, Denmark
05/26/14 07:01 AM (9 years ago)

Questions before submitting.

Hi I'm almost done with my ios app and ready to send it off to Apple, but I have a couple of questions before. My app consist of images and videos. 1) I'm thinking making this project an offline app, so everything is compiled through the project. No need for self hosting this then? 2) Is there anything else I need to change in Xcode except the change to live mode? 3) I'm removing the update icon on the homepage, will that conflict with anything. 4) I also read Smugs copyright pdf, but I thought Apple took care of this copyright? Other comments or tips are more than welcome.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/26/14 01:48 PM (9 years ago)
1) If the map is truly offline, then you don't need either self or bt hosting... the app 'can' survive on its own. I still leave my app connected, even if it never gets and updated. You never know if you'll need to add something. 2) Live mode is initiated by putting a copy of the 'live' config file in your app prior to compile and release. 3) I don't understand #3 4) Apple only covers their own legal saftey, not yours. Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

Djdios
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 20, 2013
Valby, Denmark
05/26/14 01:53 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Smug Thank you for your reply. #3 is the refresh icon on the homepage of the app. I guess it disappears if I remove the cloud url?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/26/14 02:02 PM (9 years ago)
Oh, removing the update icon will not affect anything... except the user will not be able to manually update... Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.