Discussion Forums  >  App Store Approvals, Thank You's

Replies: 4    Views: 313

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
07/21/15 06:43 PM (8 years ago)

Do you have to have a website to submit an app?

Hi Everyone, I'm a bit of newbie at this, but have found most of my answers on this forum - so thanks to everyone for contributing. My question relates to the submission of an app to the ios store, whether you have to have a supporting website that users can go to for technical support, privacy policy's or to learn more about the app. I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember reading that somewhere in all the documents I have read. If you do need one, how can I do this without sinking too much money into the process. I'm trying to make version 1.0 as cheaply/easily as possible, and then refine from there! Thanks again. Rob

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/21/15 09:02 PM (8 years ago)
True; you're going to need to provide a URL for users to go for support, information, contact, etc... For the most part, they can all be the Same URL. But you need 'somewhere' for them to go. "Usually" your internet provider gives free hosting along with an email account or two for it's users, so you probably already have access to a dependable hosting provider. However, free accounts are all over the internet, just google 'free web host'. And welcome to Buzztouch! If you have any questions at all, someone is usually willing and able to help out. Also, Kaybee seems to be heading up a few Australian based BT Meetings, either in person or online. You might want to keep an eye out for those; a lot of good people with a lot of good info usually join in. Cheers! -- Smug

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
07/22/15 12:13 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Rob, Firstly welcome to Buzztouch !!! As Mug says we are trying to get a fortnightly hangout going for people in our timezone ( Smug you welcome too). But hey don't wait for that, hook up with me anytime if you need some help. PM me. You are welcome to use my website if you need for those app submissions www.simplyapps.com.au Look forward to connecting with you. Kristen

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
07/22/15 07:49 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks Smug & Kristen for responding :-). I'll check with my ISP, otherwise might try the free host option until I get things working. Kristen I'll be sure to chek out the next hangout :-) Thanks again! Rob

MrD500
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 31, 2011
MIdwest
07/25/15 08:05 AM (8 years ago)
Best of luck to you!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.