Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 07, 2011
West Midlands
12/09/14 08:14 AM (9 years ago)

iADS Integration

I am integrating iAds for the first time. Should I be able to see the ads on my device as I run it from xCode? I'm trying to implement them on Menu With Image plugin but nothing is showing. Or are these switched on by the Apple reviewer? I'd be grateful to know - various comments on the forum seem contradictory. -- John UPDATE - they have just appeared as if by magic. You obviously need to give them while to start working.

Arubaman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Akron
12/09/14 10:46 AM (9 years ago)
From what ive seen with them when you get a new number seems to take a hour or two to work.

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
West Midlands
12/09/14 01:58 PM (9 years ago)
Further to the above, would anyone know how to integrate iAds to Kittsy's Buzz Carousel Menu plugin? -- John

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/10/14 03:27 AM (9 years ago)
Hi John I can't speak for Kittsy's Buzz Carousel Menu plugin as I don't have it, but in general, iAds should display as a banner at the bottom of the screen using test adverts, once you enable the option for the specific screen in your control panel. Cheers, Alan

Higgey
buzztouch Evangelist
West Midlands
12/10/14 05:21 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Alan, Many thanks. I have found that switching on iAds in the specific screens, as you suggest, is working for me :) There are a few plugins where there is no option in the Control Panel to do so. I have found a post from Smugwimp (thank you, again, Smug!) http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=27E899618AA2BC5C3927DEF&currentPage=1 which shows how to intergrate iAds with no option in the Control Panel. I have found that I only needed to add "includeAds": "1", in the json panel for most plugins. That leaves the plugins where I cannot see json data in the screen's control panel. I'm not sure that there is an easy way to integrate ads for those. I hope that helps someone somewhere. -- John

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
12/10/14 09:23 AM (9 years ago)
Might be worth having a look at the code in a simple plugin that does support iAd and see if the code could be lifted and shifted into a plugin that doesn't? It may well be calling a core buzztouch routine that is a available?. I am a useless coder, otherwise I would try to offer something more specific. Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.