Discussion Forums  >  Crashes, Memory Warnings

Replies: 2    Views: 112

awesome123
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 27, 2011
location unknow...
11/22/12 02:19 AM (11 years ago)

Crashing On Older Versions Of iOS

hey guys has anyone experienced their apps crashing on older versions of iOS and have it completely working fine on iOS 6? I'm currently experiencing this right now and the app is in the app store already receiving negative reviews :(

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
11/22/12 06:13 PM (11 years ago)
I had a problem recently where it kept crashing on first generation iPads even though my target was set to iOS 4.3. What is your target set at? For my last app update I included a xib file with buttons and it turns out I set it to "autolayout" which is only allowed in iOS 6.0 so older devices were crashing. The best bet is probably to get the iOS 4.3 simulator in xcode and run you app in that simulator to see what happens. Good luck!

awesome123
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 27, 2011
location unknow...
11/26/12 08:11 AM (11 years ago)
thanks for the response mutzy! the deployment target is already set to 4.3 it's weird because my other apps are working completely fine in the older versions. the only difference is i have gamecenter integrated in the app. the ones that have no gamecenter are working completely fine. :/

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.