Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 4    Views: 127

GadgetWerx
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 05, 2012
Redlands
08/19/13 12:23 AM (10 years ago)

Something doesn't seem right

Hey all. I'm finally sitting down to figure out BT. So I made the monterey harbor app like in the video. Simple. I got that. So I just wanted to make some buttons show up on a screen. Tried a blank screen. Got nothing. Am I supposed to create my own png files for all buttons or can I pick from a library of buttons? I tried working with a simple buttons page. Got nothing there either. So, I thought its user error and trashed the new pages I made and went back to the ones from the monterey harbor app. They were clearly deleted from my control panel, but refreshing in the simulator didn't change anything. So, I thought something got clogged up, and re-downloaded my app and opened xcode and put in the plug in folder. This isnt rocket science, but I am missing how to make good stuff happen. Is there an issue with osX 10.8.5? (running a fully loaded iMac). Scott

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/19/13 04:02 AM (10 years ago)
Typically you will supply your own graphics. You will need to specify which graphics in the plugin control panel, BUT even if you upload the media, it isn't included in the package; you'll still need to add those manually. Hmmm... I just noticed I'm on 10.8.4, so I can't say if there is a problem with dot 5; but I don't have any issues. Cheers! -- Smug

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
08/19/13 05:27 AM (10 years ago)
Osx isn't the issue. Smug's right, you have to supply your own images and they must be manually copied into Xcode. You'll notice in your source code download a folder called BT_Images. That's to keep all your images nice and organized. It will be empty when you download the source code, so just copy all your images into that folder and then drag the folder into Xcode. If you still don't see the button images, double check that you entered the name of each image on your control panel exactly, including capitalization.

0z2000tv
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 10, 2011
Nashville
08/19/13 07:08 AM (10 years ago)
To get a feel for how the buttons work you may want to change the button color in the control panel. Once that works for you you could import some images (add file) into Xcode and replace your background color to background images. Good luck, enjoy your Buzztouch Adventure. Mike

GadgetWerx
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 05, 2012
Redlands
08/19/13 03:59 PM (10 years ago)
I shouldve broken this down into another post. but does anyone have an idea why some plugins are still showing in the simulator when Ive deleted those in the control panel. I've even restarted the simulator, and those deprecated pages still show.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.