Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 3    Views: 144

Kapmg
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 30, 2011
location unknow...
09/07/13 02:04 PM (10 years ago)

Antivirus Flags all my buzztouch apps

AVG Antivirus runs scan and shows this for all my apps built with buzz touch. Threat Classified as :Malware Threat Classified as :Intrusive Adware What's going on here?

Mr stuck
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
Fife, Scotland
09/07/13 02:41 PM (10 years ago)
Are you using any ad networks? Some ad services like StartApp for example are classed as this due to the nature of what they do.

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
09/07/13 03:47 PM (10 years ago)
Totally Sucks Kapmg Some questions for you: 1 Is the app on google play or apple market? 2 Do you have a pc or mac? 3 Are any other files on your computer affected? 4 is this an app you built yourself? Maybe you can describe in better detail like what plugins you might have so and so on. Unfortunately stuff happens but as a community we can help just need more info. My server was compromised a few weeks back and I totally feel your frustration and anxiety but after all said and done I found the error and now I have no issues and a safer system .....so many ways the "bad guy" can infiltrate nature There always going to be some asshole out there to make mischievous code to screw up shit. Take the time to explain better and you will get better help. Sorry your are going through this ...totally sucks Hope you get it resolved. Please let us know what come out of it so we make sure that doesn't happen again -Sheri

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
09/07/13 07:52 PM (10 years ago)
I assume that you create android apps using bt. Now as @Mr stuck already said if you are using some ad services like startapp and airpush for monetizing your android apps, this will trigger most antivirus apps on the users devices. The app services like startapp and airpush use ton of permissions like the ones for modifying your browser settings, browser bookmarks, placing icon ads on homescreen, sending push notification ads. Now all these permissions directly affect the device modification without the users permission so, these sort of permissions are considered as suspicious by most antivirus apps. And this then triggers the antivirus apps showing your app includes either a malware, adware or a virus.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.