Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 5    Views: 314

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
10/11/12 12:58 AM (11 years ago)

Rejected for 8.5 contains well-known third party mark

Hopefully will get this sorted I have seen hundreds of unofficial quiz apps on TV shows. Hoping it may be because my logo is based on the series logo. Don't you wish Apple would be more specuific in there reasons so you can fix them instead of havuig to ak them questions. They are asking for legal paperwork saying I am allowed to use the other party's rights. Surely to god all of these apps on teh market havent got this, google play is full of movie quizzes. Have now added a disclaimer to the meta data. will be gutted if I can't get this published have spents 100 of hours writing bloody quiz questions and photoshoping backgrounds

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
10/11/12 01:46 AM (11 years ago)
I ran into the same issue. I had an app get rejected 4 times for lack of native functionality, lack of user experience, and a bunch of webviews put together....once I fixed all these then it came back to using copyrighted material, please provide proof that you can use it. I then deleted that app and set up a new one in itunes connect. 7 days later it got approved.

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Liverpool
10/11/12 02:55 AM (11 years ago)
I couldn't face setting a new one up in itunes connect. I have setup 22 leaderboards and 35 achievements all with artwork. It took bloody forever. So tyou reckon it won't make a difference about the disclaimer

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
10/11/12 03:08 AM (11 years ago)
Wow. Its really up to you. I would proceed with the disclaimer info and if they reject it against, file for an appeal and speak with someone directly. Sometimes appeals have to be done, I'm going through one right now.

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Liverpool
10/11/12 03:22 AM (11 years ago)
I wrote so much code in that bloody quiz plug in lol

El3et
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 19, 2012
Wolverhampton
07/31/13 04:45 PM (10 years ago)
Sorry for bring back a dead post but I have the same problem as Kittsy. We have developed a logo quiz for iOS and its got rejected 8.5. The funny thing is we have two logo quiz games on the app store for sale doing the same thing. We have a disclaimer in the game and in the meta data. WaYsTiiD TIME - Did you just delete the app in the store and are recreate it using the same bundle ID ect?. I'm thinking about talking this route to get a new reviewer. Thanks guys.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.