Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 2    Views: 132

MM2000
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 06, 2011
Los Angeles
08/28/13 02:54 PM (10 years ago)

Mapping suddenlly stopped working on all android devicees...from a web page...

Hey all, First I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered (did some searching but couldn't come up with anything). I've been using BT for a long time, and today I've come to realize that none of my mapping is working in ANY of my apps (I have quit a few). Right now we use custom url to direct the app to a sites.google.com page where we have a login area. Once logged in a person can use our Member Directory to search for another member. This will bring up phone numbers, emails, and home addresses. The Phone numbers and emails work fine, but as of today (not sure exactly how long it's been doing this) whenever I try to map to someone's address, it opens google maps with in the page. It used to just open google maps program on your phone. I have code in the app itself that tells the app to look for 'sites.google.com' and then open the web browser (so it's not even directly coming from the app). Does anyone know if google changed something? If so, is there a fix? Thanks in advance! EDIT: AS OF NOW NONE OF MY TAPABLE ITEMS WORK PROPERLY (THOUGH THEY WERE WORKING EARLIER TODAY). IF I TAP ON AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER, NEITHER RESPONDS PROPERLY.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
08/29/13 06:03 AM (10 years ago)
Hey @MM2000, If you click on the link just in your browser here, what happens? LA

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/29/13 06:41 AM (10 years ago)
I am not sure what is wrong with your maps, but the new Android core code will be out soon. It uses the new Google Play Services maps.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.