AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/17/15 07:02 AM (9 years ago)

Android 'this browser is no longer supported'

I am attempting to embed a link to an app in the google play store in an html page in my Android app. The link is valid in a browser, but in if clicked in a web view it does not work. The error is 'this browser is no longer supported'. Does anyone know how to do this?

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
03/17/15 08:34 AM (9 years ago)
I do Alan yes, Google have stopped supporting this method of viewing the Store from webview within an App. Painful I know - I ended up using CM's plugin to point to "other" options within my store. https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=99B261F7A55FC225E4978FD

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/17/15 11:11 AM (9 years ago)
Cheers Rob. I looked at this quickly, I wanted to have some text on the page above the share and play icons. At the moment, all I am seeing is a white rectangle. I will give this a closer look, it does look like the way forward.

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
03/17/15 11:15 AM (9 years ago)
Yeah - took a little playing with to get it "just so" but works like a charm :)

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
03/17/15 11:23 AM (9 years ago)
Krompa made cool tutorial https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=7C91E58BE573BFE694DC25A You can change ImageView to textview by going to the layout file

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/17/15 03:01 PM (9 years ago)
I'll have a go. I looked at @Krompa's tutorial, but it isn't for the Launch Play plu-in, which I'd like to use. @CMCOFFEE, could you elaborate on "You can change ImageView to textview by going to the layout file" please? I'm not much of a java programmer I'm afraid, bud like to add some text where that rectangle appears. Alan

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
03/17/15 04:20 PM (9 years ago)
You can use the same method for launch play plugin. ---------------- You don't have to do any java programming. Just go to respond folder and open cm_launchplay.xml. then just delete the ImageView, and drag and drop the TextView on the android screen. Pretty much the same way you would do with xib files in xcode. On the right you can change the text and other text properties like you would do in xcode.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/18/15 09:29 AM (9 years ago)
Confession time - I have never played with an xib and the only way I ever look at xml files is with a text editor. I have a lot more learning to do I think. I did manage to photo-shop some text into a transparent png background image and use that, which isn't the most elegant solution when the image stretches, but works for now, while I work on the ideas you have both given me. Rob, if you have a published app, I wouldn't mind taking look at what sort of result you achieved? Btw, I found that the plug-in crashes my app in the simulator when you click on the googleplay link, but thankfully, not on a real device. Thanks for the help guys, Alan

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
03/18/15 10:43 AM (9 years ago)
Replace the layout file with this ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:id="@+id/containerView" android:background="@android:color/transparent" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"> <ImageButton android:id="@+id/imageButton2" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_alignTop="@+id/imageButton1" android:layout_marginLeft="62dp" android:background="@android:color/transparent" /> <TextView android:id="@+id/imageView1" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentTop="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" android:layout_marginTop="30dp" android:layout_above="@+id/imageButton2" /> <ImageButton android:id="@+id/imageButton1" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:layout_marginRight="55dp" android:background="@android:color/transparent"/> </RelativeLayout> and replace these lines : playViewImage = (ImageView) thisScreensView.findViewById(R.id.imageView1); playViewImage.setImageResource(in); with: playViewImage = (TextView) thisScreensView.findViewById(R.id.imageView1); playViewImage.setText("whateverYouWant yourText toBe); also replace this line: ImageView playViewImage; with this TextView playViewImage; You might get a error on the above line. Click in the above line on "TextView", then hold down ALT, and press enter. I think that should work.Not at my computer right now,so let me know how that goes.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.