Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 214

tse.samson
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 09, 2011
Windsor
09/13/11 05:17 AM (12 years ago)

Confused about real-time changes.

In the faq it states: Can I make changes to my app after it's compiled? Yes, your online control panel allows you to make real-time, instant changes to your app. It also states that apps created at buzztouch.com are native apps (installed). So my question is, how does the changes occur in real-time? I'm assuming the apps created at buzztouch will call some sort of webservice to retrieve data? If so, does that mean all apps created here will require internet access? Any help is greatly appreciated! =)

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 07, 2011
Gold River, CA
09/13/11 06:04 AM (12 years ago)
To take advantage of the real time updates, your app will need an internet connection. You can disconnect this feature and build an app that does not need an internet connection. That's the advantage of Buzztouch -- complete flexibility.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
09/13/11 12:05 PM (12 years ago)
@MGoBlue has it on the money. You'll notice a Refresh button at the top of the first screen of your app. Hitting that will update any screens that have recently changed. Also, each time you update the app with BT, each time the user opens the app, it will check to see if any changes have occured, and if so, will prompt the user to refresh the content. You can host the BT_config file with BT, or somewhere of your choosing. If you remove the link to the Configuration URL, then the app will no longer check for changes. Not all content in your app will require internet connection. Any image, document, or custom HTML can all be stored within the app. You won't be able to change that content, of course, unless you do an app update in the Apple/Android store. But, if you have static content, you don't have to keep retrieving it from the web. Hope this helps!

tse.samson
I hate code!
Reg: Sep 09, 2011
Windsor
09/13/11 01:07 PM (12 years ago)
That make sense. Thanks for the info guys. It was very helpful.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.