Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 9    Views: 409

AppGuy30
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 29, 2011
location unknow...
01/31/13 07:08 AM (11 years ago)

App rejected 8.5

I created a furniture guide to minecraft, but apple has rejected it because of 8.5, i really find this disturbing because there are other furniture guide apps on the app store that have the same content of mine. Any ideas on how to get this one approved? 8.5 We found your app includes features or content, in the title, keywords, and/or imagery, that bear a resemblance to the well-known, third-party mark, Minecraft. In order to proceed with the review of your app, we require documentation evidencing you are authorized by Minecraft to use features from Minecraft.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
01/31/13 07:16 AM (11 years ago)
Hey @App Master, Wow! They must be tough to get an App in the market. No advice but sorry friend! LA

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/31/13 07:24 AM (11 years ago)
Hey app master. I had the same problem with apple. I submitted my first app with the name Gluten Free Disney. This sounds like its a Disney app. After discussing it with my reviewer, they said that I could use the Disney name but it has to be used as a descriptor. I changed the name of my app to Gluten Free Disney Dining and it was accepted. Good luck. Dave

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
01/31/13 07:51 AM (11 years ago)
If you squint a little bit, "8.5" looks a lot like "B.S" :) Without seeing your submission info, I'd suggest that you make sure your icon isn't using any minecraft graphics (from the game), or the name. Then you could either contact the MC crew and get some sort of simple agreement, so you can disclaim that you are authorized to do so or Disclaim quite clearly in the description that you are not affiliated with MC, and you are only providing unofficial fan based information. If you've covered those bases, then I'm not sure what to try next. Good luck!

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
01/31/13 07:53 AM (11 years ago)
Also, forum member Serge has had a lot of experience with Apple and potential trademark issues. He's had to change names of apps, etc. (Just simple wording changes, like Calypso stated).

AppGuy30
Code is Art
location unknow...
01/31/13 08:15 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks you guys, i am just going to put (unofficial) in the title, and also delete the app and make it again in iTunes connect so i can get some one new to review it.

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
01/31/13 09:09 AM (11 years ago)
I tried submitting with unofficial the reviewer told me that made it even more obvious it had copyright infringement in it lol

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
01/31/13 11:47 AM (11 years ago)
I had this issue with my "Tips for Eden" app. My first submission used little block graphics from the game as icons and I got rejected for the same reason. This is just another case of which reviewer you get because, like you said, there's tons of apps in the store that do this kind of stuff. Like Stobe said, you could try to contact them. From what I've heard, the guy who created Minecraft sounds pretty cool so maybe they would be willing to give you some kind of official permission

AppGuy30
Code is Art
location unknow...
01/31/13 12:04 PM (11 years ago)
I think I'm just going to change any make the disclaimer stand out a little more, if that dosent work i will just delete the app and plug it back in so i can get a different reviewer.

Trendz85
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 28, 2012
Manchester
01/31/13 02:00 PM (11 years ago)
Will you be charging for this app ? Because if not then id seriously think about contacting the makers of mine craft , Why ? Well who in there right mind is going to refuse you permission to promote there game? Because that's what you'll be practically doing by having it out there and available for people to use, As long as your not taking coin for it I cant see why they'd mind at all.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.