Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 8    Views: 3339

LuisAnderson
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 07, 2012
Barcelona, Spai...
02/07/12 04:17 PM (12 years ago)

ANDROID option under ECLIPSE Windows>Preferences is missing

I've just installed the whole bundle of Java, Android SDK and Eclipse and it all seemed fine. Except that once I went to the last step of the installation guide Setting Up Your Android Development Environment, going to Window > Preferences (in Eclipse) to finish the set up, under General it appears only ANT and not Android as in the screen shot shown in the guide. Anybody knows what can cause this? Thanks for the help.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/07/12 05:36 PM (12 years ago)
Hi @LuisAnderson, Welcome to buzztouch! It looks like you may not have installed the Android Development Tools (ADT), or perhaps the installation of that was not successful for one reason or another. In this document, on page 14, it goes over how to install the ADT: http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/Setting_Up_Your_Android_Development_Environment_v1.3.pdf Give that one more shot...even if you think its already been done. Then exit Eclipse, go back in, and see if it's good. Mark

LuisAnderson
Aspiring developer
Barcelona, Spai...
02/08/12 01:44 AM (12 years ago)
Hi@GoNorthWest, Thanks for your help. In fact it did help to follow your instructions and it almost worked all as described in version 3 of the Setting Up guide. The big but is that once I've located the root where Android SDK is located it populated the option underneath only with the following: ANDROID 4.0.3 VENDOR Android Open Source Project PLATFORM 4.0.3 API 15 GOOGLE APIs VENDOR Google Inc. PLATFORM 4.0.3 API 15 I chose the GOOGLE APIs and went forward with it supposing that the GOOGLE API 2.2.8 would be inside it. Once I check in the AVD Nabager I got: Buzztouch_v1.4 GoogleAPIs (Google Inc.) PLATFORM 4.0.3 API LEVEL 15 CPU/ABI ARM (armeabi-v7a) Is that all that I need or am I missing something here? I tried to repeat the process but the results remain the same, after reboot the machine and all. Any help is appreacited, Thanks, Luis

LuisAnderson
Aspiring developer
Barcelona, Spai...
02/08/12 10:23 AM (12 years ago)
Hi Mark, Indeed, whatever happened with the GoogleAPIs made impossible to open the source code of the project in Eclipse. It returns the following error: [2012-02-08 18:12:38 - buzzTouch] Unable to resolve target 'Google Inc.:Google APIs:8' From here on, I'm totally lost and hoping for help. Thanks, Luis

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/08/12 12:01 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Luis, Check out Page 8 of this document : http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/Setting_Up_Your_Android_Development_Environment_v1.3.pdf From there, on Page 10, you'll see highlighted the two packages that need to be installed in order to get the correct Google APIs needed to compile your program. After that step is complete, go to Page 19 and verify that you have the right ones installed. Then post back and let us know where you stand! Mark

LuisAnderson
Aspiring developer
Barcelona, Spai...
02/08/12 02:27 PM (12 years ago)
Hello Mark, First, thanks a lot for your help. Second, the bad news: all done, to the commas and dots. BUT after installing the API Level 14 with the SDK, I still don't get the screen with the Google APIs 2.2/8 as it shows in the guide screenshot. It returns only TargetName: Vendor: Android... Platform: API: Android 4.0 4.0 14 Google APIs Google inc. 4.0 14 I deleted it and reinstalled again, believing that I was getting rid of the Android 4.0... Just a waste of time because it comes back and there is no way to get rid of the Android 4.0 neither to find the Google API 2.2/8 as in the screenshot. Oddly enough, I am able to import the source code of the project of App I've done with Buzztouch (just with name and Icon) as in the tutorial video but then it returns the following error message in the Console tab: [2012-02-08 22:10:06 - buzzTouch] Project has no project.properties file! Edit the project properties to set one. Needless to say that it doesn't open the emulator. Terribly sorry to be a nuissance but I have no clue of what is going on. thanks, Luis

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/08/12 02:53 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Luis, Not a nuissance at all...lots of pieces of the puzzle here! For the project properties problem, the easiest way to fix this is to right-click on your project in Project Explorer, and pick Android Tools…Fix Project Properties. Let me know if that helps! Mark

LuisAnderson
Aspiring developer
Barcelona, Spai...
02/09/12 06:39 AM (12 years ago)
Hey Mark, Here we go again: tried to fix project properties but it didn't do. It returns the following errors: 1. The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try building this project 2. The type java.lang.Object cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files hotbcn_appDelegate.java /buzzTouch/src/com/hotbcn line 1 Java Problem 3. Description Resource Path Location Type Unable to resolve target 'Google Inc.:Google APIs:8' buzzTouch Unknown Android Target Problem THIS ONE IN 3 SEPARATE LINES!!! 4. Description Resource Path Location Type Unable to resolve target 'Google Inc.:Google APIs:8' until the SDK is loaded. buzzTouch Unknown Android Target Problem THIS ONE ALSO IN 3 SEPARATE LINES!!! I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled again and the same problem continues. It cannot find the Google APIs 2.2/8. Isn't there another way (location) from where to download these Google APIs? I googled but could not find it. Thanks once more, Luis

LuisAnderson
Aspiring developer
Barcelona, Spai...
02/11/12 05:43 AM (12 years ago)
Hi there, Any light to share regarding this mistery installation fault? Thanks tto anyone who can help, Luis

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.