Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 5    Views: 93

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
06/04/13 02:02 AM (10 years ago)

Updating Previous Apps iOS!

Hi Guys I seem to have an issue with the way BT updates apps, using the new Design and Live modes. I recently submitted an app update to apple, I made sure the config file was updated as I had a new layout, graphics and features added etc. so, my app was approved and I was very happy, until I updated my app, through the app store, only to see that the app still looked the same. I then had to go into the control panel and publish the app updates so it would kick in and display the new version, using the Design and Live mode feature. The issue I have is that, if a user updates my app from the BT notification to update, but hasn't updated the app from the store, I will then have users that will have missing graphics, features that don't work and so on. So I have to publish the updates from Design to Live mode in the BT CP or those who downloaded the new updates from the store, will also have the same issue. So, it leaves me wondering, if its worth me creating new updates and submit to apple to be downloaded from the app store as the two (app store and BT CP) aren't really in sync. I was told that the best way to keep the momentum of an app going is to have regular updates to the app via the app store, so users will always get the prompt from app store that there is a new update. What's the solution here? is there a solution? or is this how it will be and I have to just work with it? Frustrating!

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
06/04/13 02:26 AM (10 years ago)
More importantly does this update have the favourites plugin in it. lol

Dragon007
Lost but trying
London
06/04/13 02:29 AM (10 years ago)
Yes it does!

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
06/04/13 03:11 AM (10 years ago)
Ya that is a problem. Always has been.

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
06/04/13 06:10 AM (10 years ago)
I would suggest maybe a small blog within the app. On one of my apps i have a blog telling users of updates. Not say that they will all check. Also i have a twitter feed just for the app. I announce the update here too. I know it wont get all your users but it will help

Dragon007
Lost but trying
London
06/04/13 06:33 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for feedback, I guess I'm not the only one who has notice this.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.