Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
03/28/15 10:19 PM (9 years ago)

SOLVED: Android Studio - Build Gradle Error

I'm trying to get set up on Android Studio on a Mac and I'm receiving the following error: compileSdkVersion android-22 requires compiling with JDK 7 - Download JDK 7 - Select a JDK from the File System - Open build.grade file I have JDK 7 installed on my system so when I click on "Select a JDK from the File System," it shows me that I have "/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk" to choose from. I can't find the option to choose 1.7.0 anywhere. I don't even know if this is my issue as this is my first time ever looking at anything Android. I've researched for the past few hours and nothing I've tried seems to work and I find myself back to where I began...clueless. Please help! :) ****Found it in the applications folder.

0z2000tv
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 10, 2011
Nashville
03/29/15 09:12 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks for posting the fix. I am about ready to revisit Android so any help is appreciated. Mike

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.