Discussion Forums  >  Crashes, Memory Warnings

Replies: 3    Views: 131

Lochie Short
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2012
Lara, Geelong, ...
11/03/12 10:39 PM (11 years ago)

Why is my configuration data invalid?

hey guys, Lochie again. i am making a quiz app and i have done heaps and now i added some more interactive quizes in and it decided it didnt want to work anymore. if you know why this is happening or how to fix it can you please tell me. thanks, Lochie.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/03/12 10:57 PM (11 years ago)
Hi @Lochie, We'll need lots more information than that to help you out! Is this for Android or iOS? Are you running on the simulator/emulator, or a real device? If Android, what sort of messages do you see in LogCat when it fails? If iOS, what sort of messages in the debug console? Check out this document on how to debug both platforms: https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Problem_Reporting_and_Basic_Debug_v1.0.pdf Lots of time this happens because you've used some characters that the OS doesn't understand. Sometimes it gets confused between ` and ', and other things. Give those a look as well. Mark

SP2Teach
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 28, 2011
Perth
11/04/12 04:30 AM (11 years ago)
I've had mine invalid a couple of times when I've tweaked it. most times it's due to "," (commas) missing from the JSON code. Can be very difficult to find if that's the case but that's a typical error cause

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
11/04/12 07:27 AM (11 years ago)
@Lochie, mark is right - when I create quizzes, this happens all the time to me - usually I have a ' or " in my questions/answers. Remove those, and it should work again. Cheers, David https://buzztouchmods.com

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.