Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 5    Views: 149

Walms
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 24, 2011
Derby
11/28/11 03:57 AM (12 years ago)

Migrating 1.5 app from BT.com > BT Server

I have an app thats almost complete. Im noticing more frequent server issues on BT.com due to increasing load so plan on doing my bit & self hosting today. My question is, when migrating my app from 1.5 to BT Server will I need to re-build all the screens from my own control panel? Also anybody whos successfully made the switch, any tips/comments are most welcome :)

Walms
Code is Art
Derby
11/28/11 04:45 AM (12 years ago)
Ok so got to stage 4 of the install without any issues. Modified config.php with updated database server info, checked the link, no login screen but error screen The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request. The database info is correct because tables have been added to the databse during the installation process? Help!

Walms
Code is Art
Derby
11/28/11 06:04 AM (12 years ago)
major frustration! I know my application PHYSICAL PATH is correct (even double checked with tech support), my ROOT URL is correct, I have green checkmark in red box. My directory structure looks fine, tables have been created in MYSQL, config.php has been modified, all files are writable. STILL NOT WORKING :(

Walms
Code is Art
Derby
11/28/11 07:14 AM (12 years ago)
* Solved * seems to point to permissions. Incase anyone has similar config issues ensure that all files/folders have 755 permissions. I have now managed to get to my login screen index.php but when I login using BT default credentials, I get a successful re-direct, then the following error message: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb25c/b1151/ipg.boxfishapp/BT-server/config.php:1) in /hermes/bosweb25c/b1151/ipg.boxfishapp/BT-server/includes/class.User.php on line 183 Your logged in session has ended all good fun!

theGreek
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 25, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
11/28/11 09:33 AM (12 years ago)
Just a note on .com vs bt-server... At the moment you will need to rebuild your app on the bt-server. But, Remember that all the functionality does not work yet for the plugins. The plugins work to some degree but are missing little features within them. So you will not be able to completely make a clone of it yet. Header images for example are missing everywhere.... Just thought I would let you know...

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
11/28/11 11:18 AM (12 years ago)
The plugins that are availalbe are not missing any functionality, they work exactly as they are supposed to. Header images are not missing, there is not a plugin that includes header images. The idea is that we are introducing SIMPLE plugins that WORK with far less complexity. Again, this is intentional. Header images (in list menus) and all sorts of other complexities can be included when you or we create additional plugins. Hope everyone had a good holiday break.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.