Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 5    Views: 290

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
02/12/14 11:20 AM (10 years ago)

not rejected... some questions

Hi i would like to ask some questions based in your experience. i havent submit an app in apple market. My application has lot of screens (520) with image menu,buttons menu etc all these menu open a html pro screens with contents from embeded html files.. they will reject it because they will think that is a web based app? in one menu i have 4-5 buttons that open some urls with safary.. is that ok?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/12/14 11:55 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Caslor, It's possible that they might, but the fact that the files are embedded in the project probably works in your favor. I think they object more to the apps that link to external URLs, because they figure a person should just use a browser for that! But if your content is engaging, and keeps people coming back to your app, it shouldn't matter if it's HTML based content. You can improve your chances by adding some things that use native iOS functionality, like maps or quizzes, or some of the other cool plugins that people have built. Anything that makes your app valuable to the end user is likely to impress the reviewers. Good luck! Mark

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
02/12/14 12:00 PM (10 years ago)
That wonderful news.. i have a quiz, some puzzles and map :) thanks for the quick reply !!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/12/14 02:20 PM (10 years ago)
Make it pretty. they love pretty. Cheers! -- Smug

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
02/13/14 01:30 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Casior, If you have a quiz, some puzzles and a map you are good to go. :) Farcat

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/13/14 03:10 AM (10 years ago)
I have a theory that Apple are not as picky as they used to be about using webviews (i.e. html formatted pages). My reasoning is that the overlap between what you can do in the native programming language (IOS or Android) and what you can do in html with JavaScript is growing and it is less easy to tell the difference from a users perspective. I think Apple place more emphasis on whether users would 'love it', so good navigation, usability, pretty interface counts for a lot. Good luck @Caslor and let us know how it goes. Cheers, Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.