Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 133

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
01/18/12 08:55 PM (12 years ago)

BT-Server - iOS vs. Android issue

Interesting problem... I want my iOS devices to launch a Facetime instance from a menu button using a custom url screen. This works with no problem. The problem is the app is connected to my panel. When I add the feature from my panel, it also gets added to my Android users... So my Android users get the Open with which app? popup instead of a Facetime session thanks to good ole' Steve. Idealy the button that launches this screen will only show to iOS users, even better would be users of iPad2s, iPhone4s, or iPod Touchs only (the units that can use Facetime). I really don't want to disconnect the app from the panel, understand how I could work it that way. I wonder if the BT-Gang might consider a checkbox of some sort to control what devices might see what...? or something like that?

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
01/18/12 08:59 PM (12 years ago)
Related issue... the url screen has a 'login required' on it. That works great on the iOS devices, maybe doesn't on Android. One would think I'd get the 'need to login' screen before the 'Open with which app?' popup, get the 'Open with' whether it's logged in or not.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
01/18/12 09:03 PM (12 years ago)
You hit on exactly the question that was nagging me today. How to have a app that's both iOS & Android given that certain screen/plugins sites are not compatible with the other. My question is, Has anyone over come this issue, if so how. This extends to how HTML is handled. Anyone have some thoughts?

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 07, 2011
Gold River, CA
01/18/12 11:22 PM (12 years ago)
It's a definite challenge. On occasion, I've built two versions of an app so I could make sure my iOS app had full functionality. With the two apps I'm working on right now, I've made some compromises in the iOS app so I can make both function similarly. (I'm using rssinclude.com for the rss feeds and a photo gallery routine for pics since neither the rss plugin or photo gallery work properly in Android). It'll all come together at some point. This is great software and the improvements come regularly. Can't complain at all. Free software to make awesome apps! Gotta love it.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.