Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 2    Views: 748

stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
01/19/12 10:23 AM (12 years ago)

bundle id suffix

Don't understand this. Itunes connect gave me a bundle id, which is myappname -* Then it asks for the id suffix. Read the help file by GoNortWest but still dont' understand what to put in here. Im looking at the plist but dont see anything that says bundle id suffix. What should I put here? Thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 12:32 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Steve, When you created your certificates, you should have created a bundle ID (or multiple ones). Mine is a wildcard one, so that I can use it for multiple apps. When you create your app in iTunes Connect, you select the one that you want to use. When you create your app in Xcode, you basically specify com.<company>.<myappname>. As long as the myappnames match, I believe you should be OK. Took me a while to get my head wrapped around this, and it's still not completely clear to me. Hopefully this helps get you going. Mark

Known
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 07, 2012
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/19/12 05:19 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Steve - Encountered a similar situation a few days ago. I found this information very helpful via Apple Developers. It was a bundle issue which was preventing my app from validating. http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/CoreFoundationKeys.html Additionally, (I stopped trying to bookmark and copy all the helpful information) do a search on Google for the various components to the Bundle requirements. Found an incredibly helpful blog post from someone - and am so glad I read it which basically explained the Bundling information as required by Apple is counter intuitive. Cheryl

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.