Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 141

Crown Solutions
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 11, 2011
MN
01/19/12 10:58 AM (12 years ago)

Converting Virtual Basic program to an app

Hello, I have a VB program that I would like to reconstruct as an app. I was hoping to convert sections of the program into HTML and then use a custom HTML screen to load the code. The program is basically math functions that I really do not want to try and rewrite. Any suggestions on how to convert it, or a better way of doing this? Thanks, Jim

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 08:25 PM (12 years ago)
Howdy, A quick Google search came up with this link. I'm not sure if it works, but it might be worth a try. http://www.ostrosoft.com/vb/VBtoHTML_in.asp If they are standard math functions, you could search and see if anybody had written JavaScript code that does the same thing. Then just plop those into an HTML page, and viola, you're golden! Mark

Crown Solutions
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 11, 2011
MN
01/19/12 09:28 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks, That is what I am going to try once I have the code. (don't have it in front of me yet) Found some code that will do some of the functions, and I started writing the formulas out in excel to try and convert that way of need be. Any experience in converting excel files? I know I can save as an html doc, but I don't know how bad it messes up the layout or formulas?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 09:32 PM (12 years ago)
No experience with that, but I know there are programs that will make the conversion. I would think the simpler the Excel spreadsheet, the less chance it has of messing up the formatting. Let us know how it turns out! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.