Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 3    Views: 344

luzifer666
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
España
10/02/11 04:06 PM (12 years ago)

Exit the application Android

hello Would want in my application menu had an option to exit. Would have a chance??? Thank you very much

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
10/02/11 08:29 PM (12 years ago)
I think you're asking if you can add a menu item to a menu list screen that quits the application. If this is the case...OK, you can do it. What version is your app...buzztouch v1.4 or 1.5?

luzifer666
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
España
10/03/11 12:24 AM (12 years ago)
This is the version 1.5. Yes in the menu list I would like an option to exit the application, because the phone keys do not back out of the application, if you go back to the previous screen and so continuously. Thank you very much David

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
10/03/11 12:33 AM (12 years ago)
OK. But, before you add a 'quit application' option you'll want to figure out why the back keys are not behaving as expected. Android users should not have to quit an app, Android handles this. Back key navigate backwards screen to screen until they get back to the home-screen. If this isn't happening something wrong. Tapping a menu item goes 'forward' - tapping the hardware key goes backward. If you tap back on the first screen the app will exit. Again, I think either you don't understand this or something is wrong. This behavior works as expected on lots and lots of these apps so I'de be surprised if your device was behaving differently. If you want to add a quit option you'll need to modify your source code after downloading your project. The file you'll want to look at is BT_act_controller.java. Look at the loadScreenObject method. You'll end up adding a finish() call in that method. This is the method that fires when any menu item is tapped. BE SURE to see this before doing anything: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2033914/quitting-an-application-is-that-frowned-upon

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.