Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 5    Views: 149

Navybrandon08
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 28, 2012
location unknow...
10/03/12 09:40 PM (11 years ago)

Denied and stuck

Apple denied me because the app sends users to a web page for the information. I would love to learn how to make the information on the web page to be included with app ( being able to updated weekly). Here is the Web site. https://mustangsallyproductions.com This is what i want to work 1) Calendar ( i want to know how to add a calendar from google) 2) Weekly E-Newsletter ( this gets updated weekly from website how do i overcome this) 3) Flyer (same as above) 4) Preregistration (leads to new menu), then leads to how to do it and Paypal 5) Website (leads to the main website) 6) Photo Gallery (links up to photo gallery on website how do i over come this) 7) About us ( send users to websites about us) 8) Contact us (launches email)

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
10/03/12 10:53 PM (11 years ago)
sounds like you need to add some UI and plugins to your apps and make it more native looking.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
10/03/12 11:48 PM (11 years ago)
Here are my thoughts on your individual points: 1. Link to Google Calendar using Custom URL screen. 2. You could either use a Custom HTML/Text screen, or a Custom URL screen. I think the important thing is to design the HTML to be optimized for mobile devices, and not just link to your website, which is not designed for mobile devices. 3. Same comment as above. Perhaps make it a PDF to be different? 4. Not sure about this one. 5. I would avoid this. Apple places a huge premium on apps that take advantage of iOS features. Your app users can call up your website using their mobile browsers anytime they want, without using an app. Resist the urge to link to your website, but put some mobile formatted content FROM your website in your app. 6. Use the Image Gallery plugin. There are multiple ways to link in images. You may have to use an image storage location other than just your website. 7. I don't imagine an About Us screen would change that often, so create an HTML Document screen and include that file with your app. 8. Use the Email Us plugin. Try to keep in mind that Apple wants apps to be interactive, use iOS features (like mapping, Gamecenter, etc), and to not just be copies (or links to) a website that users can call up in a mobile browser. They want apps to be interactive, and give users a reason to come back over and over again. And they want them to look good. Linking to standard website content almost NEVER looks good on a phone or tablet. It's tempting to try and leverage the work you've already done on your site for the app, but you'll have to think out of the box and treat it as something different. Mark

Walms
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 24, 2011
Derby
10/04/12 02:26 AM (11 years ago)
Excellent advice GoNorthWest

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
10/04/12 04:39 AM (11 years ago)
Now that's a post to listen too! Get back to us with your progress, as you can see were willing to help you along. You'll feel great when you get something through that you worked hard on! David https://buzztouchmods.com

Navybrandon08
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 28, 2012
location unknow...
10/04/12 11:52 AM (11 years ago)
thank you gonorthwest i am working on this now

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.