Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 12    Views: 146

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 09, 2011
Heerlen
08/16/12 05:18 PM (11 years ago)

New plugin (The blog (pro) Plugin) iOS-only - what do you think

Hi all, I just want to show you what I'm working on. I hope to release this/these plugin(s) in october. It's called The Blog (pro) plugin. I made a quick video to show you how it look and works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHakqwDXxUs The plugins come in two flavours: The Blog Plugin and the Blog Pro Plugin. The difference between the two is that the Pro version is much more configurable and has a search function. You can use it for a lot of purposes; decide yourself. The concept behind these plugins is that it's template based. We have a list view and a detailed view. The list is where all the items are shown and when you click on an item you'll get to the detail view. So you don't have to know any code.......just fill in the form fields in your bt-cpanel and you have a great looking app..... For the 'normal' blog plugin we have templates for the detail view and for the Blog Pro version we have templates for the list AND detail view. I'd like to know what you think of this. Suggestions and thoughts are welcome. This plugin will be available for the iPhone. Maybe later on we'll convert it to android but that's gonna take a while. Next question is: how much should a plugin like this cost???? Because it works with templates there will be new templates available in the (near) future. How much do you think they should cost? Thanks for the response in advance. Best Regards, Danny Ps Tomorrow I'll be away all day so I'm not able to respond to any feedback. Will come back to it later......

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
08/16/12 05:57 PM (11 years ago)
Very nice Danny!! I'm a big fan of yours :), can't wait to test this one buddy! Thanks for contributing always. -- Maybe you could charge for templates. I was using a wordpress plugin and they did this to make and also a pro version. Between, 10-20 per template? Just thinking out loud.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
08/16/12 06:02 PM (11 years ago)
Hey Danny, Awesome awesome plugin! From the video (I suggest everyone full screen it and view in 720P) it looks like it's all native? That's a huge contribution to the iOS plugin world - great! I would be willing to drop at least $9.99, and that's pretty cheap, your time and work is worth a lot! Some questions and suggestions: 1. Can we change/add colors ourselves if we would like, change the templates? 2. It would be great if we could specify our own background image. 3. A twitter feed integration would be great, I know a lot of us would like that. 4. Same for the facebook page integration. 5. Share blog options would be great, almost vital :) I don't have any suggestions to add to your plugin, other then keeping it as user friendly and as "noob" friendly is the best way to go, and it looks like for the most part everything is easy and understandable. :) Keep it up.. looking forward to more of your work. Cheers mate! David buzztouchmods.com

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
08/16/12 06:24 PM (11 years ago)
Danny, how in the heck do you do those graphics? ....love what you have done with your self hosted server Do you do your own designs or outsource? Hard to say about the price point but I am very interested! I like how user friendly everything is and how sleek it looks. $10 bucks is not a bad price but you could even go lower and then up sale with add ons. I couldn't have my app on my own server if it wasn't for your menu plug in... You have shown the buzztouch community you know your stuff. Like an app you could always test the price and see how it goes.... Will be excited when it comes about....great video by the way! .....got my thinking cap on for all the possibilities -Sheri

doubleE
Veteran developer
Reg: Jul 27, 2012
Fort Myers, FL
08/16/12 07:25 PM (11 years ago)
Great plugin! I would definitely buy that one. Would it be possible to have those calendar icons automatically appear as the icons for the listview? This way it could also be used as an event list. Keep up the great work! EE

0z2000tv
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 10, 2011
Nashville
08/16/12 09:06 PM (11 years ago)
Great video. Love the plugin. You have set the bar very high for plugin developers. Good work Danny. I look forward to purchasing the release versions. Mike

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
08/16/12 09:17 PM (11 years ago)
Excellent & great video. Fred

hacerapps
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 30, 2011
usa
08/16/12 11:48 PM (11 years ago)
rocking PSMDanny were do i send my money

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
08/17/12 07:33 AM (11 years ago)
Very, very impressive. GREAT functionality. GREAT Concept. BLOG IN A BOX. LOVE the Photo slide shower in the detail screen too. Are those all UIViews that you are pushing on the screen and being fed with JSON data? As one who is just learning how to do that, I'm watching that thinking - is each field a datapoint he dropped in? I'm intriged by some of the fields where you set sizes and lines to build the views. I've been tearing part the simplemenu the last few days understanding how it works...... Cost? Considering that you'll be able to repackage and use it for multiple cusomers apps... $30 would be a steal. I could see that being sold as an extended license too on a site for use in mutliple apps for something like $75 that they do on Chupa/Code Canyon. Tough to say here however - the more I work on trying to make plug-ins the more I realize BT plug-ins have a limited market (BT users) vs ios controls that can be used by any app developer. Sticking a price tag on something that we used to just give away is really gong to to be interesting to see how it shakes down..... As I gain a better understanding of how many hours go into building that stuff now. I'd ask myself like I do with any controls I see and want - Can I build it/do I have/want to put in the time vs spending $50 for a polished product like that. Stobes $15/$20 tools are a bargain for what they do. This has some very advanced functionality and fills a definate niche.

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Heerlen
08/17/12 10:05 AM (11 years ago)
Hi all, Thank you very much for the comments, questions and compliments. I hope this plugin will help a lot of people; with functionality and design. Now I'll try to respond to your comments: @mysps: Yes templates will eventually also be offered(for a price that still has to be set) @MrDavid: Thanks and I'll keep the price in mind Q: "1+2. Can we change/add colors ourselves if we would like, change the templates?" A: Yes you can! that's the idea behind the whole concept. You can make your own templates or buy commercial ones. But you have to include them in your Xcode Project. Q:3,4,5 Share facebook and twitter A: I have thought about doing this but why re-invent the wheel? Use the socialize sdk!!!(getsocialize.com) I plan to make a tutorial on how to add socialize to your Blog Plugin later on! @sheri: Thank you for all the compliments. I do not outsource. All by myself and sometimes with help of my big friend Google. You talk about the same price as MrDavid. Keep it in mind... @doubleE: The calendar icon on the list page is an option.....but not for the Bog plugin. After releasing the Blog Plugin next thing to do is to create new plugins. An eventlist plugin is on the list with of course date on the listview. The icon could do the good work in the design for this plugin. See how I did it before: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3427464/backend%20screenshots/Screenshot_30.png @0z2000tv Thanks for the compliments. I'll do my best @Fred Thanks Fred! @st726 Thank you. I've send you a pm with all the details of my bankaccount. Send as much money as you can to it.......hahaha @ATRAIN53 Thank you. Creens are UIViews and Webviews with all dyamically inserted data (from JSON). About the costs: I know what you are saying and thanks for bringing it up. My own opinion about the costs: Everyone who is trying to develop a (good) plugin knows how much work it is to make a final piece of software (especially if you're not an experienced developer like I am). Users often don't realize this. I think that a lot of companies overprice their software. Like Adobe for example. Photoshop cost (I recently bought) €750,- I think that if they set the price much lower that a lot of people would consider to buy it instead of download it illegally. Apple did the right thing - low prices for the software and sell lot, lots and lots of them. I think the prices of plugins should also be small and thought about a price somewhere between $5 and $10 per plugin (depending on the available options and complexity). When the time comes that I will release my Blog Plugin I hope you have lot's of fun with it. I'm developing a concept around these plugins and lot's of them will follow. I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks all I really appreciate your response and think this is a good step towards the plugin store. Best Regards, Danny

ceerup
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 10, 2011
New York City
08/17/12 06:36 PM (11 years ago)
awesome Danny, cant wait to get my hands on this plugin!

Wolf359
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 22, 2012
Perth
10/31/12 06:27 AM (11 years ago)
Hello Danny, How is the plugin coming along? Are you going to launch soon? Need any testers? Cheers, Pat.

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Heerlen
10/31/12 06:34 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Pat, This plugin is in the plugin market since the early days of september 2012. Lots of people are using it already in their apps. http://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=EF1AA98408AA4E656C3F7BD Also have a look at my other plugin: The Design Menu http://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=BE7F8AA6F69211D532EFF3C Let me know if you have any questions. Best Regards, Danny

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.