Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 5    Views: 157

fusionmtx
Android Fan
Reg: Jun 15, 2011
Orlando
01/20/12 12:13 AM (12 years ago)

iOS App not refreshing

So Ive had my share of issues on here and now that my android drama is done and situated comes my iOS woes. My app compiles, validates and all that good stuff, only issue is that it wont update/refresh my new content i added(splash image, background image) in the simulator or the phone itself that im testing it on. Here are the things ive tried.... 1. restart app 2. check JSON 3. check config file (xcode has updated) yet still shows old content 4. tried different versions 5.0,4.1 etc. I also get no errors or isues when building so not sure what to try next, any help would be greatly appreciated :) I have xcode 4.2

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/20/12 12:37 AM (12 years ago)
Only one thing could be happening, the data you see in Xcode is NOT the data on the device. Try to get your head around this...when the app download the config data from the data URL (the URL you see in the control panel and in the config.txt file in the xcode project), it caches it for next time. At this moment, the data in the cache no longer matches the data in the Xcode project. In other words, the config.txt data on the phone does not necessarily match the data you see in Xcode. If tapping refresh in the app doesn't update the content, something for sure is wrong. In iOS this is usually very very reliable. Do this: a) Look at the configuration data in your control panel. (Copy / paste to a text file if it's easier) b) Look at the configuration data in the Xcode project (config.txt). These should match. If they don't match it just means you've made a change in your control panel after downloading your project. This is OK but you won't see these changes in Xcode. The Refresh button in the app on the simulator (or a real device) will download the latest config.txt.

fusionmtx
Android Fan
Orlando
01/20/12 12:54 AM (12 years ago)
Right I understand that but the problem is that the content isn't loading on the device or simulator and the app isn't refreshing

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/20/12 01:07 AM (12 years ago)
If it's not loading when you tap refresh, what's it doing? Not trying to sound like an ass but something isn't adding up. Maybe check the console with the app running. Open the console, clear it so it's easier to read then tap refresh. It will show you what it's doing, what URL it's loading the data from etc. Copy and paste the url in the console in your address bar - what do you get? You should get exactly the same thing you see in your control panels Configuration Data screen.

fusionmtx
Android Fan
Orlando
01/20/12 09:02 PM (12 years ago)
David, I sent you an email...... however after trying different images it seems to be working fine now. Could my issue be with Photobucket, which is where most if not all of my images are stored?

QuiggityBiggity
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 05, 2011
Baltimore
02/12/12 07:57 PM (12 years ago)
I was having this same problem and found a solution - clearing the console for whatever reason fixed the refresh problem. I switched to updating the config manually (I would have to re-download the source from BT if any changes were made) back to the default of having the application linked to the BT config URL. For whatever reason when I switched it back, the content wouldn't refresh. I checked the config.txt and made sure it matched the text in my control panel - and it did! So I was scratching my head for quite a bit.. but then clearing the console seemed to solve the problem!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.