Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 13, 2011
Cordoba
05/28/15 08:40 AM (8 years ago)

Admob Interstitial frecuency

Hello, Does anyone know how to show Admob insterstitial ad every 15 minutes (for example)? Or maybe show it everytime users reads 5 chapters/screens in my app? Thanks

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
05/28/15 09:47 AM (8 years ago)
>Does anyone know how to show Admob insterstitial ad every 15 minutes (for example)? Yes, I do know how to do it and my apps actually are doing it all the time. You can have a look at my apps here: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=dusko%20savic You may download an app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.operamusic or like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duskosavicteething and you will see interstitial ads being shown in both ways that you asked about. Please have a look at this page: http://duskosavic.com/blog/programming/make-money-by-integrating-admob-ads-into-buzztouch-plugins-for-android/ To cut the long story short, in control panel for the plugin you set up the frequency of showing the interstitial ads. If 0, no interstitial ads will show up. Any other number will show the ads after that number of times you enter the plugin. If 7, the seventh time you enter that screen, the ad will show up. Also, you can set up the number of seconds the ads will show up after. Standard measure is 180 seconds, so if the screen is not active, after 30 minutes the ad will show up. All this is for Android at this time. You cannot put ads in a separate screen, the screen you want to have ads in must be prepared for AdMob. And yes, interstitial ads do make money, if used judiciously, which is why I covered both ways of showing them in apps.

Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Cordoba
06/04/15 04:53 AM (8 years ago)
Dusko, that is very interesting. That's what I'm looking for. I read the entire article, but couldn't find the plugin link. I'd like to try it. How can I install it on my BT control panel? Thanks dude!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
06/04/15 05:58 AM (8 years ago)
Hi, glad you liked it. However, to put it into your own control panel and apps, you must first tell me which plugins do you currently use for menus and HTML documents. I have a plugin called Menu Icons AdMob, which puts ads onto Susane's plugin called Menu with Image. She was kind enough to let me use her code, provided my plugin costs more than hers. Then, there is also a plugin called Menu Simple Ads, which puts AdMob ads onto David's Menu Simple, however, the Menu Icons AdMob can do all that and more, so I always use that one in my apps. I also have a version of HTML Pro by Chris1, called HTML Pro AdMob, however, he did not permit me to use his code so I'll do something else instead or not offer it at all. Instead of various HTML plugins in the market, I prefer to use my own Custom URL AdMob. It shows ads alright and it easily replaces the other similar plugins (and I can show you how). It can also show your own ads defined in the control panel, and it can show a menu or, you can mark the text you see as a favourite and then watch the favourites list from the main menu. I also have AdMob functionality in my plugin awlProOperaMusic, which shows YouTube playlists. Finally, I have my own AdMob version of the Favourites plugin; browse the favourites and be shown the ads at the same time. All these plugins come Twitter and Facebook ready in the sense that if you have my Twitter and Facebook plugins, you can post to these sites directly from the Icons Menu and HTML Pro menu. Integrating the plugin for Twitter is relatively easy, while Facebook makes it really difficult for developers and there nothing much that I can do about it. Currently these plugins are for Android only, but once I renew my Apple Developer Licence (literally today or tomorrow, I think), I shall try to add iOS functionality into them as well. >How can I install it on my BT control panel? I shall release all these plugins in the next several days, so you will be able to install them into your own control panel. CAVEAT EMPTOR -- BUYER BEWARE Some of these plugins work very hard to show different content of different parts of the screen, at the same time. It may slow down the system up to the point of unusability. In that case, reduce the number of ads, show just top or bottom ads, not both at the same time, or reduce the frequency of interstitial ads. Newer and faster machines should not have this problem, though.

Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Cordoba
06/04/15 07:03 AM (8 years ago)
That's clear for me! This is my app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.v1_4.BB5F0AF478005C9E255DE678.com It uses Buzztouch version 2.0. The main plugins are: - Menu Simple - Custom HTML - Launch Native app I want Admob instertitial appears everytime a users reads (or open) 5 'Custom HTML' screens. I'm already using Admob banners. I've implemented it some time ago. That is not a problem, isn't it?

Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Cordoba
06/04/15 07:04 AM (8 years ago)
Also, how much it cost?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
06/04/15 12:17 PM (8 years ago)
You can use AdMob from xml files with my system, no problem. The price will be 10-15 bucks per plugin, in the plugin market. >It uses Buzztouch version 2.0. However, my system will only work with Buzztouch 3.0, so this may not be such a good deal for you after all. Unless you want to rewrite the app to BT 3.0, that is. If you double your AdMob earnings with the new interstitial feature, that could be well worth the effort.

Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Cordoba
06/05/15 07:57 AM (8 years ago)
Ok, I will create my app for the new BT 3.0 version. I think I could buy just 1 for 'Menu with Image' plugin. Then when this reachs 5 views, the Admob insterstitial should appear. What do you think? Is that possible? Thanks!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
06/05/15 09:37 AM (8 years ago)
>What do you think It works for me, hopefully, it will work for everybody else too. Will try to publish it tomorrow.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
06/06/15 10:17 AM (8 years ago)
>Will try to publish it tomorrow. Sorry, Android Studio is acting up so I'll post the plugin within a couple of days, I hope.

Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Cordoba
06/08/15 04:22 AM (8 years ago)
Oh ok. I'll wait for that. Let me know when you do it on this thread please! Thanks-

Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Cordoba
06/17/15 05:59 AM (8 years ago)
Hello Dusko, Any news about your plugin?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
06/17/15 08:55 AM (8 years ago)
Hello I am currently working on some plugins for others, so this will have to wait a bit more. Sorry.

Imagenparaweb
Aspiring developer
Cordoba
07/20/15 05:21 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Dusko, how are you? Have any update about your plugin? Is it online? thanks !

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
07/20/15 06:39 AM (8 years ago)
Thank you for asking. I'm fine, back to work from holidays. About the plugin for AdMob, I am afraid I made it too powerful. I let too many ads appear at once and now Google is blocking ads from some of my apps. They never say what is the real reason, but point to a set of conditions that the app broke, according to them. I have to test this further, and I cannot release plugins that could threaten the existence of your AdMob / AdSense accounts with Google.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.