Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 2    Views: 174

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
06/07/13 07:48 AM (10 years ago)

Code Help

I got this rejection from our fellow friends at Apple and I have no idea where to put the code they are giving me. Could someone help 7.2 We found that your app displays an empty iAd banner when ad content is not available, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. Please see the attached screenshot/s for more information. The banner within the app should be hidden whenever ad content is not being served by iAd. To handle the case where ad content is not available, you need to implement a banner view delegate. Please refer to Technical QA1641 Hiding iAd banners for information on how to hide iAd banners when ads are not available. An example code snippet is included here for your convenience. Additionally, you may wish to review the section "Working with Banner Views" of the iAd Programming Guide. Banner View Delegate to Remove a Banner View When Advertisements are Not Available: - (void)bannerView:(ADBannerView *)banner didFailToReceiveAdWithError:(NSError *)error { if (self.bannerIsVisible) { [UIView beginAnimations:@"animateAdBannerOff" context:NULL]; // assumes the banner view is at the top of the screen. banner.frame = CGRectOffset(banner.frame, 0, -banner.frame.size.height); [UIView commitAnimations]; self.bannerIsVisible = NO; } }

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
06/07/13 09:45 AM (10 years ago)
I never looked at the iAd code in the app, but I would assume there has to be a few files in your project with iAd code, see if you can find it and add that method. I've received this rejection before, what I did was disable the ads in the screens from the control panel, then re-enabled when the app went live. Not the best solution, but A solution. You can probably submit a update after that with them all turned on, and hopefully they will let that update through. Let us know what you decide to do, or hopefully someone else might be able to reference that code better. David https://buzztouchmods.com

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
06/07/13 04:28 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Mr David I have decided to just turn it off on the main pages for the update and then I will turn it back on.. Took 5 min or less. Probably the easiest way

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.