Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 41

Ledbelly2142
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 04, 2012
Reno
08/20/12 01:29 PM (11 years ago)

Is Python useful in App development, HTML perhaps?

Im new to App building, really love Buzztouch... I was very excited to get my first Android up and running for a Corporate Informational App. trying to figure out how to make others pay for my hobby. My question: is Python useful in developing apps? I searched the forum and found no related topics. Sounds like its not, unless it on a custom HTML page you link your app to. Speaking of HTML, If I point to a custom HTML page in my App, and it points to a HTML5 page, will it work without any restrictions? (save browser size of course). I'm not sure if there are limitations on the native app browser for Android, or iOS for that matter. Thanks, Led

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
08/20/12 01:49 PM (11 years ago)
The Custom URL & HTML Doc & Custom HTML Text screens are not the same as the Launch Native App (Browser) and a bit more limited. Fred

Paul Rogers
Android Fan
Reg: May 30, 2011
UK
08/20/12 02:22 PM (11 years ago)
Python - a programming language, not a webpage markup language. A number of app development frameworks use it, human.io springs to mind.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/20/12 02:31 PM (11 years ago)
Like PHP, Python requires an interpreter in order to execute the code you write in Phython. So, it's not like Javascript or jQuery that can be executed client side, but it has to have a backend to talk to. So, not super useful in our app building. PHP is much more so. Mark

theMonster
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 18, 2011
US
08/20/12 07:55 PM (11 years ago)
As far as python goes, yes and no. I know there are platforms that enable you to use Python to build iOS apps (IDK about android), and yes there are a kagillion HTML/CSS/Javascript platforms that you can use to build iOS apps as well. The real question is "what app are you building"/"What Control do you need", "what do you already know" and "how much are you willing to learn"?

Ledbelly2142
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 04, 2012
Reno
08/21/12 07:27 AM (11 years ago)
Thank you all for your feedback. Looks like my time would be best spent learning HTML and java. I need python for a separate project I'm working on ( not app related), was hoping to be able to utilize the learning benefits. Have worked with HTML, but very limited java. Thanks again all. –Led

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.